Serious incident in Rhumsaa

9 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Take no notice Derek, you know what the crabs are like here.

I honestly believe that the crab attitude that is prevalent on the island holds back a lot of new business started by locals.

Your daughter is doing very well, a credit to you and your wife.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as evidenced by the fact you're the first MF member to become a worldwide meme  

It's a tired feature of Manx life that the village mentality of 'mind your own business' and the 'need to know' rule still persists. We've never matured as a modern open society and democracy, and 'ou

Because we live in an open society with an open legal system.  This happens all the time, major incidents that are subject to news blackouts. The UK police manage to release details of serio

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

indeed. How terribly it all worked out.

Out of interest, if you were a pepper, what kind would you be?

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

If it looks like an embargo and works like an embargo, it's an embargo.  Even if there isn't a bit of paper with the words "Embargoed Till ..." in big letters at the top.

No doubt the police told the media informally that they'd appreciate it if they kept quiet on this one for a bit and then said they'd give them a statement later in the day.  And they'd prefer it wasn't put our till midday on Sunday.  Quite possibly for good reasons that can't be explained publicly at the moment.  But otherwise there would be nothing to prevent the media reporting on Saturday that something had gone on in Bowring Road on Saturday.  Which they didn't.

Foe something to be embargoed, it has to be issued first, with a request that it not be published until a certain date and time.  So, by definition, if a press release wasn't issued, it cannot be embargoed. 

You see it most usually when the facts reported are unlikely to change, but there is some other reason why the document cannot be published before a certain date and time.  A real life example is the laying of financial statements  before Parliament where they are sent to the Commons Library and embargoed until the relevant Minister has made an announcement that they are available. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Those brothers involved sound like come over scum.  Need drumming out of the island asap.

If this particular "circle" were removed from society, Ramsey's "illicit activities" would drop by at least 60%. They've been active for as long as I can remember in the whole gamut and past sentences/records will prove it.

And this family is very, very local. The Ramsey Yakuza.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Take no notice Derek, you know what the crabs are like here.

I honestly believe that the crab attitude that is prevalent on the island holds back a lot of new business started by locals.

Your daughter is doing very well, a credit to you and your wife.

And unfortunately an attitude that seems to prevail in some political representatives?

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

And unfortunately an attitude that seems to prevail in some political representatives?

I can’t say I agree that our (or some of our) political representatives hold back local businesses through ‘Manx crabiness’ Derek, they have faults for sure but I don’t subscribe to that philosophy. However, I do recognise that ‘some’ of our political representatives have a severe form of narcissistic personality disorders; perhaps you should throw your hat into the ring for September, you seem to have the perfect narcissistic credentials.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

I can’t say I agree that our (or some of our) political representatives hold back local businesses through ‘Manx crabiness’ Derek, they have faults for sure but I don’t subscribe to that philosophy. However, I do recognise that ‘some’ of our political representatives have a severe form of narcissistic personality disorders; perhaps you should throw your hat into the ring for September, you seem to have the perfect narcissistic credentials.

I don’t think North East Rural Blackpool has a seat in the Keys  in September. Bloody gerrymandering. 

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

Yes he could pontificate from afar like a good chunk of our health service!

Edited by finlo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I don’t think North East Rural Blackpool has a seat in the Keys  in September. Bloody gerrymandering. 

Hahaha.

Unless our narcissistic ex-copper:

a. Returned to this beloved island that he seems to be all knowledgable about, along with Josem et al - See the 3 wise men and their regular media broadcasts. As John Cleese said in The Life of Brian ‘not so much of the myrrh next time’.

b. He stands in his own local elections on Thurs and persuades Lancashire CC to claim Ellan Vannin as part of their county, to be administered from Fishergate, Preston. 

• Haha 1

a. No comment

b. Blackpool has no representation in LCC. It’s a unitary authority. Fishergate doesn’t come into it. 

38 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

b. He stands in his own local elections on Thurs and persuades Lancashire CC to claim Ellan Vannin as part of their county, to be administered from Fishergate, Preston. 

Perhaps we could join up with North Lancs, South Lakes and Barrow proposed breakaway unitary authority.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The Ramsey Yakuza.

explains the new sushi bar opening up on Parliament Square....

• Haha 2