General TV stuff

I thought the last episode of Line of Duty was disappointing. In fact the whole series was a bit tired with very little originality. 

But it got huge ratings. 

Strange contradictions; we are meant to be living in a Golden Age of TV with Netflix et al spending multiple millions and everyone upping their game to compete but something rather mediocre is a huge ratings hit. 

4 hours ago, Chinahand said:

I thought the last episode of Line of Duty was disappointing.

Totally agree. The endless promotion though through the BBC and press jumping on the "who is H ?" bandwagon during a lockdown gave it a captive audience. A bit like who shot JR or Mr Burns it captured something.

I think they should leave it there now. No more spins offs or next series. 

Unfortunately, like many other shows, they seem to be aiming for awards rather than delivering the goods. The whole build up to revealing who H was ...ridiculous, pointless, drawn out and over dramatised. 

There are so many good things on the tv these days, Netflix is brilliant, Youtube even knows the bands I like and makes playlists for me on my terrorvision. I've just finished watching the Irregulars, the first episode is a bit meh but after that - boom boom boom, spot on. 

What the new Alan Partridge thing called? This Time - absolutely f'ing hilarious I don't even like him but this is gold, love it.