Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
joeyconcrete

Psychics/mediums/fortune Tellers

Brazil have not been consistant lately, the match against Argentina was a shambles. Although Brazil can never be ruled out and I wont be surprised if they get to the semi finals at least.

I don't deny that there are a lot of frauds out there, and people who do pick on the vulnerable and so on.  But even if it is all bull - but like I said before- whatever gets you thru.  Sure, if you live by these things it can take over your life and then that's bad, and if it makes someone that bit happier - is it really the worst thing in the world?

I totally agree.

Dontlookbehindyou - I think it's a shame that you should feel that you have to justify your beliefs there are too many people ready to rubbish what they do not understand.

Ignore the idiots on here - you are doing a good thing. :)

Thanks hun, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and I'm happy to debate on the matter but no one has the right to belittle someone for there beliefs, thats just being rude.

...I am now!

Thanks!

It's still rubbish. There are six billion people on this planet. Every day, each one of those people makes thousands of physical moves, and thinks millions of thoughts.

Put all those factors together, and there will be millions of 'unexplainable' co-incidences every day, and in your own lifetime there are bound to be a number as well.

I know I have experienced them.

Give anyone ten or twenty specific things to think about, and sometime in the near future, something will happen to them that will approximate to at least one of the things they have been told, probably more.

Logic and scientific evidence?

Hummm....

Despite hundreds of years of serious research there has been no evidence AT ALL to show that

There is life after death

Future can be predicted

Mind reading exists

Etc

On the other hand there are hundreds of examples of mediums, psychics and clairvoyants being exposed and proved to be out and out fraudsters.

It has not been proven either way if there is life after death, and the fraudsters you mentioned are just individuals. You can't base your conclusion on something being impossible, just because there are fakes out there.

It has not been proven either way if there is life after death, and the fraudsters you mentioned are just individuals. You can't base your conclusion on something being impossible, just because there are fakes out there.

Is just the same thing as saying how do scientists 'know' how the universe was created, just like mediums/god/whatever it is still a 'theory'. Not one of us saw it happen. And just like science has its 'proof' so mediums have their own 'proof'. Obviously there will always ongoing debates over lifes big questions anyway. And as science goes at the moment it is impossible to travel back in time to find out. I wouldnt say i beleive or dont in all of this new age phenomenon as spiritulism only stared in the 1800's i often think that perhaps this is just a passing fad, as like thousands of years ago we were once all pagan and druids. Now there are only a few 'practicing' pagans and druids left. As say in 1000 years there may only be a few mediums left. And from there something new will catch on.

We are made of energy and it has to go somewhere, just like light from a dead star can still be seen today, even though the star may have 'died' billions of years ago. The light can still be seen and so the energy is continuous and the light is still there even though the star is not. I think i read that in the BBC'S FOCUS magazine im not sure, but i thought it was pretty amazing. So how do we know that when we die our conciousness does not exist on another frequency. If the aim of the game, because it rhymes, was to live and die why would we posess conciousness? To 'know' and 'feel' and to be 'aware'.

I do agree that many such as Keith Charles/John Edwards and such are in it for the money. John Edward gets paid something like $1000 dollars an hour for the show he did on, was it 'living tv'? And yet he stated that he only accepts and charges what he would expect to pay for a reading, £800? Not me. I also wonder if the reader (Medium) does not pick up information from the Spirit World but from the person present. I have had a few spooky things happen that i cant explain happen to me:

1) When i was in high school i had a dream about one of my teachers mums (No jokes please im straight), but in this dream i couldnt see her, i just 'knew' it was her. And she was sending flowers, pink ones, down from a white light, (Heavenly Music), i added that bit in, and i just 'knew' that these flowers were suppost to be for a certain teacher. I couldnt stop thinking of it the next day. So after class i thought i would tell the teacher about my dream expecting to be joked about in the staff room later that day. But the reply i got was a great coincidence (Read - Beyond Coincidence: Amazing Stories of Coincidence and the Mystery and Mathematics Behind Them Amazon.com) it turned out that that very day was his sons birthday, her grandson,and that she had died. So the illogical side of me would say that it was some mysterious message from beyond, i have no idea.

2) I was about 10, we lived in an old town house and my younger sister who was 4 at the time would wake up on nightly basis, SCREAMING the house down saying that a 'voice' had been saying her name in the night and waking her up. Obviously me and my other sister got the blame for playing '

'cruel pranks'

(As if we would?!) One day however, i was putting my washing in the basket upstairs, the troops had gone out and it was only myself and my step-mum, who was down stairs in the kitchen, in the house. All of a sudden i heard a voice, like a whisper, "Lauren". I turned as white as the sheet i was holding and pegged it down the stairs. No one beleived me, and i got grounded once again for trying to blame the 'cruel pranks' i was apparently playing on my sister, on the ghost.

3)I was getting the papers signed for my driving license and as you have to get a passport photograph validated off a teacher etc, i sent mine to my old headmaster. As my gran knew him i asked her to remind him to write in black ink, as it said on the forms but somehow i knew he would forget. I kept reminding her that he is going to write in blue ink and waste my time. Eventually i got the papers back and - yes - it was written in blue ink and he had not been warned of my prediction. If it was or not.

a.) If there was an afterlife why are people not coming back to tell us then we would'nt be having a miserable time here.

b.) Why can't I or You who hasnt experienced something on a mediumship level, experience something on a mediumship level.

c.) Why do people only get 'visions' and 'accounts' of ghosts

500 years ago forward, how come no one has witnessed a little jesus man from 3000 years ago? Have you ever seen a dinosaur ghost?

The only thing we can do is wait, and if there is nothing after (life) then we wont know about it.

chloephoria- amazing stuff; never fails to amaze me that no matter how unbelievable and impossible stuff is, when it happens to you then you have to face it..

psychics/ mediums / fortune tellers. Don't think this kinda thing can be proved or disproved here- its all down to belief. Doubt people who go to see psychics or mediums consider themselves to be as gullible as disbelievers make them out to be. If avoiding going under a ladder makes you feel the rest of the day will be better than if you've gone under it, who's to take away that feeling of optimism? If a message from 'the other side' gives comfort in time of sorrow, when other solutions haven't helped, who's to take that belief away? Many people believe we go somewhere else when we pass away, many have no belief at all. Who's right? Who's wrong? Its belief. (-:

Had a few readings myself which have been pretty accurate, and helped in areas of my life no-one else could offer a beam of light on, so I'm a believer. Respect the beliefs of those who don't, though. Just discovered who gave me that cold reading, knew at the time that's what it was, Dave in the Cardboard Box. At the time quite funny. (-: Budgies doing fine, ta. (-:

chloephoria- amazing stuff; never fails to amaze me that no matter how unbelievable and impossible stuff is, when it happens to you then you have to face it..

Work again on monday <_<

ive done rune reading, scrying and tarot and although iots very easy to put iot all down to coincidence, youd be right. thats exactly what it is.

however, most people dismiss it all as bollocks.

i however read into it in a different way, one which is far to lengthy to go into on a message board, although it does include certain ideas;

there is no future, merely repetitions and cycles

time is not a straight line; you can remember the future just as much as the past

a collective movement has power over the subconcious desicions

the manifestation of thought as reality

the power of suggestion; i tell you youll fall in love, then you will. its a placebo type effect.

make of it all what you will.