Arbory, Castletown & Malew

13 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Cregeen on the doorstep: "Do you think I'd make a good Chief Minister? Lots of my colleagues in the Keys think I will and are encouraging me to aim for jt."

Tell me that's the blackest of black comedy. Please.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I wish it were. Happened to me and two other people I know down here.

Cregeen is deluded. But if it’s true (and that’s a prominent if) that other Tynwald members have indeed told him that he’d be a good CM, then those members need to be taken to Spanish Head and invited to fly unaided. 

Edited by Uhtred
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Cregeen is deluded. But if it’s true (and that’s a prominent if) that other Tynwald members have indeed told him that he’d be a good CM, then those members need to be taken to Spanish Head and invited to fly unaided. 

Probably winding him up and he's not bright enough to understand. Let's not forget his one and only appearance at the COVID briefings. Putting him in as the chief minister would be madness.

• Like 2

Just now, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Probably winding him up and he's not bright enough to understand. Let's not forget his one and only appearance at the COVID briefings. Putting him in as the chief minister would be madness.

Making him a Minister was madness. Appointing him CM would be suicidal. 

• Like 4

I would have preferred it if Carl Parker would have stood again, although I didn't agree with everything he said at the last election, at least he had something to work with rather than the usual waffle that I'm seeing at the moment!! Might not vote at all this time round!!  I would have thought more candidates would have come forward for this election!

On 8/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, Darkness Incarnate said:

The prospect that Tim Glover will not be on the radio for the next TT. I'm still struggling to come to terms with that possibility. 

Worst still he might actually be an MHK. Frightening.

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I worry that Tim Glover having been on the Government payroll for many years, and in a position that even Howard Quayle expected to be "controlled", will, if I were to vote for him, have to ask awkward questions. That could be a step too far for an establishment man ?

58 minutes ago, asitis said:

I worry that Tim Glover having been on the Government payroll for many years, and in a position that even Howard Quayle expected to be "controlled", will, if I were to vote for him, have to ask awkward questions. That could be a step too far for an establishment man ?

Based on his performances at the covid briefings, he's not very good at asking questions of the government, and we've already got an MHK like that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Based on his performances at the covid briefings, he's not very good at asking questions of the government, and we've already got an MHK like that. 

You’re right he was as much use as a chocolate teapot questioning government over some of the worst behaviour we’ve ever seen over covid so he is likely to be totally useless as an MHK in bringing anyone to account. One of the worst establishment candidates we’ve ever seen. 

Edited by offshoremanxman