Ayre & Michael

3 hours ago, Barlow said:

They're getting very politically conscious up north there. Ayre & Michael was first to sell out for the Manx Radio election broadcasts:

153651042_20210815MRGEelectionbroadcasts.thumb.jpg.614e011a6dbc0534f31eeb32c9fd9def.jpg

Is it more due to Manx Radio's choices of venue?  Their insistence on having booze near at hand has led to some rather odd choices.  The Rushen one is in the Bay, which much as I love it, is about the worst venue for a large meeting in the constituency being so long and divided.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Is it more due to Manx Radio's choices of venue?  Their insistence on having booze near at hand has led to some rather odd choices.  The Rushen one is in the Bay, which much as I love it, is about the worst venue for a large meeting in the constituency being so long and divided.

Completely agree with this. Very strange decisions for the venues by MR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ManxMonster said:

Completely agree with this. Very strange decisions for the venues by MR.

Never, ever, have committee or other meetings or election Q&A in licensed premises. Recipe for confusion and meandering.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Never, ever, have committee or other meetings or election Q&A in licensed premises. Recipe for confusion and meandering.

Well that probably explains why Manx Radio chose them then.  Can't have the listeners disconcerted by a change from the normal programming.

I make it six pubs, three licensed clubs, two licensed restaurants and for some reason UC IOM (Douglas North). Which is the only one that anyone normal would think of for having a political meeting in.  Presumably they couldn't get the Manor or the Cat with No Tail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well that probably explains why Manx Radio chose them then.  Can't have the listeners disconcerted by a change from the normal programming.

I make it six pubs, three licensed clubs, two licensed restaurants and for some reason UC IOM (Douglas North). Which is the only one that anyone normal would think of for having a political meeting in.  Presumably they couldn't get the Manor or the Cat with No Tail.

Wonder who will be the first candidate to commit an offence under s.35 of RoPA 1995.

8 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Oh nice one. Which tight arse brought that rule in? Why couldn't they limit it to no more than 5, something a bit more reasonable

Treating has been illegal since 1881

23 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes I thought it odd considering Ramsey has some excellent hall venues for hire for basically nothing