Douglas East

Just voted in East at Museum . Suprisingly representation out front for Joughin (2) and Barber but nothing for Joney Faragher which suprised me tbh. Asking them how many had voted and at 11 30 approx 35 tops. From memory isnt East the worst percentage turn out of all the areas ?. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Asking them how many had voted and at 11 30 approx 35 tops. From memory isnt East the worst percentage turn out of all the areas ?. 

Yes it was 40% last time:

image.png.3cfb320b14b25141c611af108bc96317.png

though it's the sort of area that you would expect low turnout with a high turnover of voters.  Douglas South was also 40%, but about the same in the by-election, which is very unusual - they're normally even less - so I would be surprised to see that higher.this time.

Douglas East has had that massive increase in voter numbers since 2016, though that might make the turnout even less.

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Just voted in East at Museum . Suprisingly representation out front for Joughin (2) and Barber but nothing for Joney Faragher which suprised me tbh. Asking them how many had voted and at 11 30 approx 35 tops. From memory isnt East the worst percentage turn out of all the areas ?. 

She had someone outside earlier. It was very quiet in the morning. 

46 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes it was 40% last time:

image.png.3cfb320b14b25141c611af108bc96317.png

though it's the sort of area that you would expect low turnout with a high turnover of voters.  Douglas South was also 40%, but about the same in the by-election, which is very unusual - they're normally even less - so I would be surprised to see that higher.this time.

Douglas East has had that massive increase in voter numbers since 2016, though that might make the turnout even less.

Low turn out this time will favour Joughin. He has been banging on about pensions enough to convince enough of the older generation to vote for him that and he lives there. I suspect he'll get in.

9 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Low turn out this time will favour Joughin. He has been banging on about pensions enough to convince enough of the older generation to vote for him that and he lives there. I suspect he'll get in.

Really dont think he will but who knows !?? We all will at around 11 ish 

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

That beardy labour councillor was outside iMuseum when I voted at just after 11, as were the two Joughin heavies. 

14 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It didn't last time! He's a core vote of 180 and he might convince a few others, but the vote would need to be evenly scattered amongst 5 or 6 candidates for that to be enough. 

16 minutes ago, Declan said:

It didn't last time! He's a core vote of 180 and he might convince a few others, but the vote would need to be evenly scattered amongst 5 or 6 candidates for that to be enough. 

Sticking his name on a plaque paid for by rate payers would have lost him a lot of votes, I bet the clothes on his back are paid for by rate payer too. 
He will come in behind Josem 😆 

30 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Joughin couldn't even get his wife elected in July and that was on a turnout of 18%.  He'll get more than 180 (she got 324) but he'll have to be very lucky to sneak in.