Douglas East

Amadeus

9 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't knock her...research....seemingly one of the ones involved with some of the horrible histories of this island.

Respect.

Agree. Seems to be a smart, community minded, considerate lady. Has set up a new charity - takes energy, guts, dedication and organisation to do that. I wish her good luck and if I lived in Douglas East I’d be very happy for her to be my MHK. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fluffy123 said:

Agree. Seems to be a smart, community minded, considerate lady. Has set up a new charity - takes energy, guts, dedication and organisation to do that. I wish her good luck and if I lived in Douglas East I’d be very happy for her to be my MHK. 

I didn't say vote for her though 😉

Michael Jisem won't reveal who funds the IOM Guild of Taxpayers, or whatever it is called.  

That's a bit of a worry.  He is employed by a pressure group, wishes to stand in an election but will not reveal who is funding him.  Have I truncated that too much? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Michael Jisem won't reveal who funds the IOM Guild of Taxpayers, or whatever it is called.  

That's a bit of a worry.  He is employed by a pressure group, wishes to stand in an election but will not reveal who is funding him.  Have I truncated that too much? 

He's just so transparent. What a great guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

There's a difference between being employed by someone and paid a salary to work versus someone specifically amd directly funding your entire election running costs.  Do know that to be the case?

45 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There's a difference between being employed by someone and paid a salary to work versus someone specifically amd directly funding your entire election running costs.  Do know that to be the case?

Not if he won't tell people... If he isn't upfront before the election how could he be trusted if he gets in? 

• Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't knock her...research....seemingly one of the ones involved with some of the horrible histories of this island.

Respect.

Lots on the internet about her work for victims of sexual abuse and longer sentences for perpetrators. Pictures alongside Devon Watson but not clear if he was part of the victims support group.

9 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I would agree, were it not for the activities of his employer.  If they were not politically active, then fine.  But they seem to be a pressure group, bankrolled by "businessmen"  who would rather not have their identities disclosed.  

• Like 1

I thought Josem was working at the Coop and doing the odd bit of bar work? Is he paid by the Guild of Grumpy Taxpayers?

The Narky Ratepayers Union is worrying to begin with, even if you downplay the fact the U.K. version is a decidedly right wing organisation. Because it has given Josem’s pronouncements a vaneer of authority between the Douglas South election and now. Not just the opinions of a failed politician but the spokesperson for an Alliance  - implying a group of people.

And of course this has kept him in the media between the Douglas South and General Elections. I suppose that could be a clever bit of exploitation of the media, if he’s doing it off his own bat. 

The worry all along has been has been  how is the alliance funded?  If externally, does that count as campaign funding since Allience publicity and Josem’s political campaign are entwined. More so if he’s drawing a salary from the Alliance (of how many members?) Is that paying him to be a full time candidate?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1