Jump to content

Douglas East


Amadeus
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't knock her...research....seemingly one of the ones involved with some of the horrible histories of this island.

Respect.

Agree. Seems to be a smart, community minded, considerate lady. Has set up a new charity - takes energy, guts, dedication and organisation to do that. I wish her good luck and if I lived in Douglas East I’d be very happy for her to be my MHK. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Fluffy123 said:

Agree. Seems to be a smart, community minded, considerate lady. Has set up a new charity - takes energy, guts, dedication and organisation to do that. I wish her good luck and if I lived in Douglas East I’d be very happy for her to be my MHK. 

I didn't say vote for her though 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Michael Jisem won't reveal who funds the IOM Guild of Taxpayers, or whatever it is called.  

That's a bit of a worry.  He is employed by a pressure group, wishes to stand in an election but will not reveal who is funding him.  Have I truncated that too much? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Michael Jisem won't reveal who funds the IOM Guild of Taxpayers, or whatever it is called.  

That's a bit of a worry.  He is employed by a pressure group, wishes to stand in an election but will not reveal who is funding him.  Have I truncated that too much? 

He's just so transparent. What a great guy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Michael Jisem won't reveal who funds the IOM Guild of Taxpayers, or whatever it is called.  

That's a bit of a worry.  He is employed by a pressure group, wishes to stand in an election but will not reveal who is funding him.  Have I truncated that too much? 

There's a difference between being employed by someone and paid a salary to work versus someone specifically amd directly funding your entire election running costs.  Do know that to be the case?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There's a difference between being employed by someone and paid a salary to work versus someone specifically amd directly funding your entire election running costs.  Do know that to be the case?

Not if he won't tell people... If he isn't upfront before the election how could he be trusted if he gets in? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't knock her...research....seemingly one of the ones involved with some of the horrible histories of this island.

Respect.

Lots on the internet about her work for victims of sexual abuse and longer sentences for perpetrators. Pictures alongside Devon Watson but not clear if he was part of the victims support group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There's a difference between being employed by someone and paid a salary to work versus someone specifically amd directly funding your entire election running costs.  Do know that to be the case?

I would agree, were it not for the activities of his employer.  If they were not politically active, then fine.  But they seem to be a pressure group, bankrolled by "businessmen"  who would rather not have their identities disclosed.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought Josem was working at the Coop and doing the odd bit of bar work? Is he paid by the Guild of Grumpy Taxpayers?

The Narky Ratepayers Union is worrying to begin with, even if you downplay the fact the U.K. version is a decidedly right wing organisation. Because it has given Josem’s pronouncements a vaneer of authority between the Douglas South election and now. Not just the opinions of a failed politician but the spokesperson for an Alliance  - implying a group of people.

And of course this has kept him in the media between the Douglas South and General Elections. I suppose that could be a clever bit of exploitation of the media, if he’s doing it off his own bat. 
 

The worry all along has been has been  how is the alliance funded?  If externally, does that count as campaign funding since Allience publicity and Josem’s political campaign are entwined. More so if he’s drawing a salary from the Alliance (of how many members?) Is that paying him to be a full time candidate?
 


 


 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...