Douglas South

36 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

So much anger. Ever considered therapy? 

Anger is a very good energy when directed against the right targets. Perhaps if Germans had been a bit more angry with Hitler the course of history would have been better.

Perhaps you could refect on that, though your total lack of self awareness makes that highly unlikely.

Perhaps you had not realised but Josem is you, just a better looking version, your dislike of him is the dislike of yourself, I just think you are both dicks. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The studio ones are getting no hits, and even Paul Moultons interviews are lucky to scrape 100 views some of them over a few days. Nobody really cares. It might be covid burn but it’s really looking like that at the most important general elections in 50 years few people actually give a s**t. 

There’s even a lot less GE debate on here than there has been on places like Twitter. It feels like people have given up. The best and most frank political coverage so far has been Gef the Mongoose. Not any of the mainstream news agencies. Gef the bloody mongoose! 

Frankly the studio ones are not especially easy to find

No one appears to be posting links to them, not even the sponsor

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Frankly the studio ones are not especially easy to find

No one appears to be posting links to them, not even the sponsor

Correct.  I tried to watch last night from 7:30. Could only find the trailer on the radio’s website. Didn’t turn up on youtube either. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FatRoundMiddle said:

Anger is a very good energy when directed against the right targets. Perhaps if Germans had been a bit more angry with Hitler the course of history would have been better.

I don’t think it was an absence of anger that was the problem in 1930’s Germany. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FatRoundMiddle said:

Have you met Maltby? She has no ideas of her own either, very nice lady perhaps bordering on too nice,  but when asked a simple question she could not explain party policy and makes it clear she would have to defer to other people in the party on those issues aka 'ask Dad'.

Completely agree with this. She was stumbling at the debate last night.

Higgins has a brilliant manifesto and was the best at last nights debate in my opinion. I was surprised. Whether he was part of the problem or not, I believe he genuinely wants change and knows ways to do it. Maltby has no clue what she’s doing as soon as she’s off script. Simple questions about policing she avoided and then continued to stumble and was very general in her answers. I liked Christian last night, she seemed very knowledgeable - looking forward to seeing her manifesto. 

• Like 2

Good morning,

Wednesday night was, in my many respects, truly awful to be a part of. I went to the Pinewood after a 9 hour day at work, I work with children with complex medical and mental health needs, so by the time it got to doing this interview I was mentally and physically exhausted.

I’m not making an excuse- I’m waiting for the ‘oh pity you’ comments. However, I think it’s only fair to give you all some context as to why I personally didn’t perform as well as I had hoped to.

I am far stronger in other areas of my campaign and life, being filmed is quite daunting when you are not used to, but I do feel I’m being ‘willed to fail’ by some people which is unavoidable I guess.

I have genuine intent to get social policy on the Isle of Man fit for purpose and I have run a fair campaign that has given voters the option since January to meet me and confront me on big issues which has happened. I am staying true to myself and not trying to fit a ‘typical politician’ stereotype, if that’s not what people want then I will find out on the 23rd. The rest is now up to the electorate of Douglas South.  

• Like 3

Not once have I questioned Maltby’s authenticity or campaign. At the end of the day, in my opinion, there are others who I believe have better policies and knowledge like Christian, Higgins or even Quine. I’ll be looking out for Maltby’s manifesto and the Studio One debate to see how they all performed there.

31 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

The Manx Labour Party manifesto is here:

https://www.manxlabourparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Manx-Labour-Party-Manifesto-2021.pdf

If Christian, Higgins or even Quine have better policies please let me know what they are

I'm not sure that decriminalisation of marijuana use is a vote winner.