Garff

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It is strange then that both you and her seem to be online at exactly the same time posting on this forum and Facebook. She seems to have been carpet bombing the Onchan Residents group this morning at the very time that you’re on here. 

Coincidence!! 😂 oh poor lass !!

2 hours ago, ScatCry said:

I dare to Google it! Should think but a few pints and that thinking becomes an issue haha 😂 

It actually makes sense to me that anyone supporting Ms Willers or her father might have an active interest in defecating on people as that’s basically what he was paid to do by Uncle Albert for 30 years. 

• Haha 1

Mrs Caine has said the 'pump away' proposal is her preferred option at this time - she would surely consider others that were kinder to the environment

Government as the islands largest polluter has to set it's own house in order, & will have to provide offset for carbon cost of IRIS

The need for offsetting will be far reduced if any stw is built local to source and place of ultimate disposal. Isnt that Government trying to be proactive? Not everything can be offset. There has to be minimisation.

4 minutes ago, ian rush said:

The need for offsetting will be far reduced if any stw is built local to source and place of ultimate disposal. Isnt that Government trying to be proactive? Not everything can be offset. There has to be minimisation.

How do you provide minimisation of human waste?

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

'Offsetting' is greenwash bollocks.

It's PR mostly for big polluting institutions I agree, but in the IOM context Government must conduct it's own 'offsetting' campaign by extensive reforestation of the uplands & encouraging farming community to works towards 'soil health' etc

On 9/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, ian rush said:

There's a big inconsistency in Caine's manifesto re climate/energy and the nimbyism of Garff and Laxey not having a local STW. Pumping to Meary Voar is a big energy cost over lifetime of plant.

The Garff debate on sewerage was interesting though on the basis that god knows what they’ve done with six years’ worth of toilet taxes they’ve collected which were allegedly supposed to be paying for this very thing.

Also on the toilet taxes I note the main toilet tax petitioner is back up in court again. I wonder what she’s done this time? http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=63549