Glenfaba & Peel

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Never underestimate the voting power of the Glenfaba Colonials....they put Geoffrey Boot into office last time....

Well there wasn't exactly much choice last time and turnout plummeted as a result (it was 56% - the previous figures were 70% for Glenfaba and 63% for Peel).  Possibly the colonials have registered and got postal votes for all their relatives, dogs and horses, but otherwise I would expect Boot to be humiliated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I would expect Boot to be humiliated.

Same here.

https://twentyfourkeys.com/ has him dead last with 0.74 points. 

Lord-Brennan 39.10

Harmer 19.32

Cowin 16.56

Cussons 11.97

Crookall 9.47

Lee 2.84

Boot 0.74

IIRC Crookall was in third place the other day, but I didn't write it down or take a screenshot so can't be sure. 

I have great confidence that whoever produces 24keys is spot-on where Lord-Brennan and Boot are concerned, but OMG do I hope they're wrong about Harmer! And yes I realise this rating system isn't the be-all and end-all, but I think it could be a fair guide.

I'm looking forward to tonight's debate. Got my ticket and mask ready. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

WTF is Trevor on about with £800bn worth of gas? If i was him I wouldnt be wasting my time standing for Keys, id be looking at getting a seismic survey and a drilling rig in charter before anyone else finds out about it... best not tell David Fowler about this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zarley said:

Same here.

https://twentyfourkeys.com/ has him dead last with 0.74 points. 

Lord-Brennan 39.10

Harmer 19.32

Cowin 16.56

Cussons 11.97

Crookall 9.47

Lee 2.84

Boot 0.74

IIRC Crookall was in third place the other day, but I didn't write it down or take a screenshot so can't be sure. 

I have great confidence that whoever produces 24keys is spot-on where Lord-Brennan and Boot are concerned, but OMG do I hope they're wrong about Harmer! And yes I realise this rating system isn't the be-all and end-all, but I think it could be a fair guide.

I'm looking forward to tonight's debate. Got my ticket and mask ready. :thumbsup:

Absolutely astonished to see Harmer given second place in this contest - his re-election would be a disaster for the west

• Like 4

My parent live in this part of the world - Peel.

So according to them two copies of Trevor Cowin's manifesto to the house today each addressed to "The occupier" in seperate envelopes.

One copy of Leo Cussons yesterday.   Adressed only to Dad.  Mum is fuming 😅

On 9/10/2021 at 2:47 PM, ian rush said:

WTF is Trevor on about with £800bn worth of gas? If i was him I wouldnt be wasting my time standing for Keys, id be looking at getting a seismic survey and a drilling rig in charter before anyone else finds out about it... best not tell David Fowler about this.

I've been to 2 public meetings so far, and Trevor Cowin certainly comes across as mumbling, moaning tit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/12/2021 at 2:58 PM, SleepyJoe said:

Just got a personal visit from Kate Lord-Brennan who delivered me a poster

What a charming lady she is, she'll top the poll I'm sure

241510005_385321449709403_6844800250973861271_n.jpg

Those aren't my socks, mine are blue

Seems a bit smug and trite.

When asked if she would resign her Legislative Council seat if she were unsuccessful ("answer yes or no") she smugly replied "are you going to aske everyone else if they are going to resign from their jobs if they are unsuccessful"

Smug and trite.

Edited by Barlow
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Manx Bean said:

I've been to 2 public meetings so far, and Trevor Cowin certainly comes across as mumbling, moaning tit.

Same here. Really disappointing. 

I came in a few minutes late last night, just as Cowin was finishing his introductory ramble. As I missed the beginning, was any reason given for "Mikey's" absence? None was given at the Manx Radio event. 

Has he withdrawn? He may as well. He seems to be hiding from the electorate which doesn't bode well for the future should he get in. I doubt he will anyway. 

Saying that, according to twentyfourkeys*, he's ahead of Boot down at the bottom of the pile: Mikey, 4.05; Boot, 3.02 

*We plebs have been warned off the site, but what's the harm? I'm not taking it too seriously and I'm not a gambler. I didn't even know it was a betting site and I don't see any links to somewhere to bet. :ph34r:

Edited by Zarley
Changing - to , in order to stave off any confusion

16 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Same here. Really disappointing. 

I came in a few minutes late last night, just as Cowin was finishing his introductory ramble. As I missed the beginning, was any reason given for "Mikey's" absence? None was given at the Manx Radio event. 

Has he withdrawn? He may as well. He seems to be hiding from the electorate which doesn't bode well for the future should he get in. I doubt he will anyway. 

Saying that, according to twentyfourkeys*, he's ahead of Boot down at the bottom of the pile: Mikey, 4.05; Boot, 3.02 

*We plebs have been warned off the site, but what's the harm? I'm not taking it too seriously and I'm not a gambler. I didn't even know it was a betting site and I don't see any links to somewhere to bet. :ph34r:

I didn’t know it was a betting site either. I like looking at it daily as it aligns with my own views. 😊

I know you’ve had personal unfortunate experience with Mr C, but personally I wouldn’t be too quick to discount him. I too have personal experience of his dedication and commitment to do a good job for Peel and the island. I used to meet him regularly setting off for work at 6am and he was never home early and even then he was working till late in the evening. He also supported me at a time when I really needed it and couldn’t have done more tbh  

Kate LB and Mr C would make a good team for Peel and the Island. They’ve worked together before and worked well and if I was still in the west they’d be getting my votes for sure. 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, Piggle said:

I believe Kate Lord Brennan is certain.

You cannot be serious!

Of all the manifestos that have dropped through the letter-box, hers was the most poorly written, nefarious, vacuous, bullshit-bingo infested diatribes that said absolutely nothing - full of identified problems but not a concrete solution in sight.

Boot - talks a good game and has identified the problems both locally and nationally but is probably hissing in the wind against the entrenched Manx CS to get anything done.  Perhaps another 5 years sat alongside others who are more 'big picture' orientated rather than fretting over the state of the local loos might be in order.

Cowin - again, identities all the problems with 'the system' (and having been well-embedded in it for a lifetime is probably well qualified to comment) but to think he would achieve any better by being 'inside' I would doubt.

Harmer - I have no idea about sufficed to say if he has been looking after infrastrucure then he has failed miserably.

Crookhall - that post-bag beckons.

Lee - I've not seen the man nor received any prospectus from him.

Cussons - a possible.  He's identified problems to be solved although the 'green' solutions are going to cost us all dear and actually achieve zilch in the great scheme of things - but there a appears to be a thinking-mind in there somewhere.

Peel's priorities: no more housing (the ghetto dwellers penetrate no further than Shoprite and contribute nothing to the town), get the sewage facility sorted, demolish the eyesore that is the power station at the end of its generators' lives, a single-shot solution to end the silting of the marina and the parish council must devolve departments and encourage business out of Douglas.

• Like 1