Glenfaba & Peel

I am quite happy with the results, I will reserve judgement on KLB until we have seen how things go in the house, Tim is a nice enough chap, unfortunately I think he will fall in with the Tynwald club and sit on the fence, he really needs a challenge, I would suggest a spell as DOI minister that would help concentrate his efforts and keep him busy. If he doesnt accept the post give it to DA, he would know all the solution's in no time at all, look how well he picked up the knowledge on Covid by reading a few books etc. LOL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WTF said:

will the headline be   geofry BOOTED out ? i wonder if he'll go back to where he came from ?

I'm hoping that's why he left early last night. Gone home to finish packing to catch the boat in the morning.

His house has been on the market....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I am quite happy with the results, I will reserve judgement on KLB until we have seen how things go in the house, Tim is a nice enough chap, unfortunately I think he will fall in with the Tynwald club and sit on the fence, he really needs a challenge, I would suggest a spell as DOI minister that would help concentrate his efforts and keep him busy. If he doesnt accept the post give it to DA, he would know all the solution's in no time at all, look how well he picked up the knowledge on Covid by reading a few books etc. LOL

DEFA for Mr Crookall I hope - he was surely elected to get sewage & harbour dredging properly done!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I think Tim has more fire in his belly this time around - no more Mr Nice Guy? I'm hoping he's older and wiser as well. Fingers crossed. 

I think he and KLB will work well together. I have high hopes for KLB; time will tell.

I couldn't be happier that Boot and Harmer are gone. We can only go upward from the bottom of the barrel. 

I'm also really happy Ashford ruled himself out for CM. Maybe Tim could be considered for the role?

I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by him at the two meetings I attended. He was about the only one who didn't have to constantly look at his notes, and he spoke with passion from his heart. He's also got more experience in government than most (not all) of the current crop. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I thought crookall only ran to prevent cowin getting in? I don't see him as a particularly maverick character

I thought Crookall didn’t seek re-election Legco to stand for MHK. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tim-crookall-withdraws-from-legco-election/

Of course he may have seen the way the wind was blowing in Legco and thought Boot vulnerable. 

41 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Cowin would have got in had crookall not ran. 

I think Cussons would have gotten in over Cowin had Crookall not run. My second vote was a toss-up between LC and Tim. I voted Tim because I figure we need someone with experience in the next five years. I know several 20 and 30-somethings who voted Cussons. 

Cowin was (let's face it) too old and out of touch. His public speaking skills are abysmal. Anytime he stood up in the keys to make a point, he'd put people to sleep, if they could even understand his mumbling rambles to begin with. 

He "talks" a good game on paper, as his letters to the editor testify, but crucially, you have to be able to communicate your thoughts verbally as well in politics. I had high hopes when he announced his candidacy, but in person the reality was a huge let-down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I thought crookall only ran to prevent cowin getting in? I don't see him as a particularly maverick character

I didn't either, but he managed to change my mind in the past month or so.

According to Tim, he ran because he was fed up with the administration of the past five years, with the growth of government despite the promises to reduce numbers, the inaction on sewage, the flagrant screw-ups of the DoI and other departmental failings. I honestly think he'll surprise us all this time around.

If I'm wrong, well, damn. I'll have to hold my hands up. 

• Thanks 1