Glenfaba & Peel

11 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Removing Ray Harmful and Geoffrey Boot should be a priority

That will happen easily I’d say. Between Lord-Brennan and Cowin there will be enough votes moving away I’d guess. I’ve never understood how Boot got in, in the first place.

• Like 1

The Blue Baron appeals to the expat vote, & as an experienced political figure he is capable of motivating them to get out and vote for him

Doubtful that'll be enough for him this time round as the local population is highly motivated for change

Edited by SleepyJoe
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That will happen easily I’d say. Between Lord-Brennan and Cowin there will be enough votes moving away I’d guess. I’ve never understood how Boot got in, in the first place.

It's because there were only three candidates last time, the third being Leslie Hanson. He would have been even more useless, and that's probably a huge understatement. 

I'm incredibly happy we have a much better field to choose from this time. Boot and Harmer will soon be history. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zarley said:

It's because there were only three candidates last time, the third being Leslie Hanson. He would have been even more useless, and that's probably a huge understatement. 

He would have been useless, no doubt, but he wouldn't have been given a ministerial post so he would also have done less damage.

59 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Leslie is quite an intelligent man actually. He couldn’t have been any worse than Harmer. 

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Leslie is quite an intelligent man actually. He couldn’t have been any worse than Harmer. 

Oh I know. I've had many conversations with him. Unfortunately he can be quite pig-headed when he's wrong about something, even when presented with facts. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

He would have been useless, no doubt, but he wouldn't have been given a ministerial post so he would also have done less damage.

Like Roxanne, I wouldn't be so sure he wouldn't have been given a ministerial position and that could have been a disaster if, for example, he'd been put in charge of health. For a dentist he's sure got some outdated ideas on healthcare. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kipper99 said:

Is he in recovery?

Don't know if he's still doing his nightly pub crawl, but I saw him on the prom this past week looking his usual disheveled, glassy-eyed self. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Harmer has ladies banging on doors saying "Ray Harmer is coming round if you want to see him"

I've not seen a single candidate yet and only received one manifesto*.

Along with said manifesto, there was a "sorry I missed you" card, which is a load of horse-hooey. I was in that day and during the hour in which the manifesto appeared, was in an area of the house where I would have definitely heard the doorbell or a knock. 

I was greatly disappointed. It was none other than das Boot and I was looking forward to grilling him before taking great pleasure in telling him I'd rather *insert horrible self-harm of your choice* before voting for him. 

I'm looking forward to having Harmer on my doorstep for the same reasons. 

I'm also thinking of putting a small notice on my door along the lines of if you drop your manifesto and run, don't count on my vote. Of course that could well backfire and I'll be left with no one for which to vote. 

*That's wrong. I received a manifesto from and briefly spoke to the Green candidate very early on. He didn't have much to say other than all will be revealed at a town-hall meeting. A very forgettable encounter. 

On 8/11/2021 at 5:27 PM, Amadeus said:

Glenfaba & Peel - Manx Radio Constituency Debate at Peel Golf Club
Fri 10 Sep 2021 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Tickets: https://www.manxradio.com/election-2021/live-constituency-debates-book-your-free-ticket/

I meant to thank you the other day for this heads-up. Two family members and I have booked our tickets.