Middle

6 hours ago, wrighty said:

MF - instead of moaning on here, stand for election.

Others - OK then I’ll do that

MF - useless candidates this lot, wish some decent folk would stand

Decent candidates - we’ll stand!

MF - these decent candidates are opportunists, only standing because the field is weak.  They should definitely also give up their current livelihoods before doing so - that’ll teach them to be so arrogant, thinking they can get in as MHKs

etc.

:rolleyes:

Daft post. It presupposes that MF speaks with one voice. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Declan said:

Daft post. It presupposes that MF speaks with one voice. 

Lighten up Declan. It presupposes nothing. I was parodying (is that a word?) the MF vibe of moaning about everything. Happy to exclude you - you never moan about anything 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, wrighty said:

MF - instead of moaning on here, stand for election.

Others - OK then I’ll do that

MF - useless candidates this lot, wish some decent folk would stand

Decent candidates - we’ll stand!

MF - these decent candidates are opportunists, only standing because the field is weak.  They should definitely also give up their current livelihoods before doing so - that’ll teach them to be so arrogant, thinking they can get in as MHKs

etc.

:rolleyes:

Yep.  All the talk of these two women, who as it stands will undoubtedly be elected in September, only standing because they saw an opportunity due to the very weak line up is nonsense.

They both live in the area, and were both already in politics.  It is not a surprise either stood and in one case it was widely known she was likely to many weeks before she declared.

It is true that what was effectively 2 seats up for the taking if anyone half decent stood were attracting interest island wide though.  I know of 3, and have heard of several others who were just sitting tight and would have put themselves forward if no credible candidates had declared, so it is reasonable to assume there were several others having the same thought.

I also have no issue with an MLC standing and still doing their current job.  It’s not like they are making policy so I don’t see any issue with it and welcome someone well educated and with an understating of the system putting themselves forward.

Shame HQ isn’t there for people not to vote for though.  I was astounded he got in last time (didn’t get my vote) and really don’t think he would again against decent competition  - and he knows it.  Bet he was considering it a week ago then.  At that point he would have walked back in against the three declared

Posted (edited)

All those previous MLC's who had the decency to resign their Tynwald seat before declaring they were standing for House of Keys must have been silly billies, eh tony?

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

All those previous MLC's who had the decency to resign their Tynwald seat before declaring they were standing for House of Keys must have been silly billies, eh tony?

I would have a lot more respect for someone who is prepared to give up a Lego seat to stand for the HOK election. Like with the game show Bullseye - if you lose ‘here’s what you could have won’.

KLB and Poole Wilson have the fall back of a safe Lego seat and gravy train berth whilst having zero constituents responsiblity.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I would have a lot more respect for someone who is prepared to give up a Lego seat to stand for the HOK election.

Know what you mean...I gave mine up years ago as it played havoc with me piles.

image.png.31ee4160f673b25263101eb084567998.png

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Know what you mean...I gave mine up years ago as it played havoc with me piles.

image.png.31ee4160f673b25263101eb084567998.png

Lego is only a problem to your Farmer Giles (Emma Freuds) if you swallow a piece

Edited by Barlow
typo

His priorities for the Isle of Man seem to be -

1. Do something about the economy  

2. Save the Horse Trams

3. Do something about the economy

4. Do something else about the economy  

5. Carbon Emissions 

6. Do something about the economy  - I know! Tax cuts for Billionaires  

• Haha 1

To be fair, David does suggest ways to "grow the economy".

Bill Clinton seemed to have popularised the phrase 30 years ago.

The problem is, that something can grow smaller. Perhaps "expand the economy" would be a better turn of phrase.

Mr Fowler Is Adopting A Tried And Tested Election Strategy; Go In Hard For The Numpty Vote. 

I have just found out that using all those capitals is actually quite tiring. He has stamina, at least.