Middle

Amadeus

3 hours ago, Keiran Hannifin said:

I got an absolute pasting from a cold. I've been laid out all weekend and am off to remove my posters this eve :) I'm fairly sure, it has to be within 1 week of the election... And I doubt it will damage the planet them being there for a few days. 

As for the MLC thread, I have no intention of running. 

I received multiple messages, including from MHKs suggesting the idea. I wanted to weigh up the options. Having 18 months legaslative experience, would do no harm in the future and that was literally my only thinking for being at all pro the idea. 

My comments in regard to democratic defecit, was merely to point out that 22 MHKS were elected last week that you could not vote against. However, they do have alot of scope for ruining your lives. This is not a new thought, as it was in my manifesto. 

As a Middle voter I thought in the aftermath of the overall result that you didn’t disgrace yourself. Personally I would suggest that if you wish to get involved in politics, you would find being a local commissioner being a useful springboard. Especially towards the next 2026 election. I think this new load of MHK have to get it right, the island can’t afford more mess, and waste. They set themselves up as being the best the island offers, and they will be judged in 2026. By that time, you may be in a position to capitalise on someone’s misfortune, especially if they aren’t up to standard. Screw ups and Facebook can be judge, jury and executioner!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Personally I would suggest that if you wish to get involved in politics, you would find being a local commissioner being a useful springboard. Especially towards the next 2026 election. 

The only problem is that the next local elections won't be till 2025, so unless there's a by-election there's not really a chance to go down that route.  It doesn't stop people being politically involved in a lot of other ways of course, including at constituency level.

5 hours ago, Keiran Hannifin said:

I included the information about me being flattened by a cold and that I would remove them ASAP. 

:)

I hope you’re feeling better soon, and that you stand in a future election - whether for Keys or local authority. I think you’ll make a good representative, you seem to genuinely care about people and the Island. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you. Time will tell... Alot can happen in 5 years. 

Who knows? The prom might be finished. 

I always said that I would only run once and the reason was that this is a VERY good time for progressive changes, more so than I can remember. We have a better house now, than 5 years ago. Let's hope COMIN don't mess it up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 9:52 PM, Chie said:

Insulting or not if the shoe fits then the shoe fits. He is just one of many people in the world who would rather live in ignorance peddling the same opinionated nonsense than actually engage with and learn about the individuals he speaks out against.

As for BLM. Whilst I do think that some people take things a little to the extreme, I do understand why certain aspects of extremism are necessary when trying to promote change. As much as people like yourself may not agree with the methods it does serve a purpose to get everyone talking about the issue. When fighting against prejudice, misinformation and brutal ignorance sometimes talking is not enough. Sometimes you need to take action, to do something drastic to bring attention to the issue at hand. I don't necessarily agree with all aspects of the actions but I do understand why it is sometimes necessary.

@Chie

In this case I happen to know that the shoe does not fit at all.

Put it this way, your claiming someone is ignorant has no basis in truth.

The actual truth is that your BLM mates tried to portray Mr Peters as a racist for their own ends without the slightest regard for the hurt and damage it could, and has, caused to his reputation.

Now THAT'S what I call ignorant.

And by the way I have fought against prejudice, misinformation and brutal ignorance and at times it got very nasty. I'm sure I did a lot more rather than try to trash some innocent's standing and then follow it up with a little walk ending in some pointless symbolism.

18 hours ago, Barlow said:

/pedantic mode (but relevant)

Using 'alot' instead of the obviously correct 'a lot' will lose you a good 40-50 votes.

I think that's OK... As I am no longer a candidate... Just a grumpy resident.

The old saying goes "if you don't vote, you can't complain" which.... I think means I have earned the credit for 5 years worth of popping shots from the sidelines at least 😂 

And yes, a touch pedantic. Dare I say, even snobbish. Language experts mostly believe that if what you're intending to communicate is clear through context, grammar and misspellings are a minor detail. 

Written language is about communicating a point, not organising characters in the correct order. :)

7 hours ago, P.K. said:

The actual truth is that your BLM mates tried to portray Mr Peters as a racist for their own ends without the slightest regard for the hurt and damage it could, and has, caused to his reputation.

BLM on the Isle of Man were desperate for a head, any head, to put on a stick and along came Stu. 

Edited by Barlow

6 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Then please collect the rest of your signs.  All the others managed it within the allowed 48 hours and we are now nearly a week post election.

I presume it will depend on what part of the constituency you pass thorough as the only one I saw driving this evening was for SP.

2 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

I presume it will depend on what part of the constituency you pass thorough as the only one I saw driving this evening was for SP.

Then they are both in breach of the regulations regards signage - Not a good look really when it is something so simple

Edited by Ramseyboi