Onchan

4 hours ago, Holte End said:

You can bet he is taking a ministers pension, one party state by patronising pensions, paid for by the state.  Might have been a tiny part of his career, it won't be a tiny pension, be nice to know if he gets this windfall now.

Ask him. Peter was and still is remarkably approachable. With regards to the nursery voucher scheme as part of CoMin he was bound by CoMin decisions and as such when they watered down the scheme he had to bring it to Tynwald. But that still doesn't change the fact it was poorly thought out idea even before the funding got reduced.

This support for Willers is also daft.

37 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Ask him. Peter was and still is remarkably approachable. With regards to the nursery voucher scheme as part of CoMin he was bound by CoMin decisions and as such when they watered down the scheme he had to bring it to Tynwald. But that still doesn't change the fact it was poorly thought out idea even before the funding got reduced.

This support for Willers is also daft.

I am sorry, but Mr Karran has become a Gazelle, he was sat farthest away from the door at the tuesday meeting, but was gone before most people stood up. I don't believe he was bound by CoMin decisions for one, why not circumnavigate around issues like this to prove how good a political mind he had and find away to change the policy or resign. But no he ran with it. His support for Willers is no different than the support for Josem, Willers wants a change to planning laws, this will end up mainly affecting the east and I believe the people who  voted for Mr Karran, the Onchan contituents, it would end up with land around Onchan being built on. Something none of the residents of Onchan seem to want. Also why is he endorsing the abolition of work permits? Mr Karran had thirty years to voice these opinions in Tynwald.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only Rob Callister would produce a 34 page manifesto. :blink:

If there is anything about the environment in it, he doesn't mean it. Why these things can't be put online and a single A4 sheet with bullet points and a further reading url delivered I don't know.

IMG-1492.png

It would certainly be good to see & hear our parliament meet more more frequently to do a bit of parler like what they are supposed to do

Much better than - when it is not sitting - publishing 20 page glossies of policies of the outgoing government when a new one is imminent

Edited by SleepyJoe

6 hours ago, cissolt said:

Interesting.  Does anyone have the stats on voting? 

Screenshot_20210910-150010.thumb.jpg.3f640e06a391e409cd5ec5dc1d37c188.jpg

This is the MHK who was happy to become a member of three different Departments at the same time[1], which meant he was obliged to follow the CoMin line on practically every topic.  So complaining about having to do it it when you have voluntarily put yourself in that position is fairly ridiculous.

[1]  Something which I think no other MHK has ever done - indeed it was rare for an MHK to be a member of even two before 2016.

Everyone knows Callister is just a COMIN yes man and full of big talk no action, but................
the meeting at St Ninians Lower School revealed Peter Karran has sold out to Satan and speaking on behalf of Willers, Karran relaunched his historical rant and ravings. We all used to love his rants when he was an MHK and back bencher, but to sell his soul to the Devil makes me think he needs help. As for Willers, his interview on Manx Radio today was one of arrogance looking down on ordinary people. The man is a complete shit. But we have all learned from this. Peter Karran was once termed as the Onchan village idiot. Now we know it is true. And Willers has sadly destroyed the Liberal Vannin Party with his ambition to abolish work permits to allow a free for all, for employers to hire any Tom Dick and Harry on slave wage rates. God help us all if the sheep in Onchan elect him. Also I'm surprised Callister has not joined Lib Vannin because he did SFA to stop the Department for Enterprise watering down work permits. Mind you he is on a mission now to cut down trees in Onchan in his capacity as a member of DEFA under Minister Buckshot Boot. Anything for a few votes more. There is a lot to lose if not re-elected. Over a grand a week salary is not to be sneezed at eh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1