Onchan

I think it speaks volumes as to the calibre and standard of candidates standing in the General Election. Onchan seems tribal and parish pump, also coupled with the antics of James Cherry, Rob Callister and his objection to candidates. It will be interesting to see if candidates accept the results at the count, or demand recounts? 

12 hours ago, Declan said:

Well it’s not fake. It’s one of those videos where you pay a minor celeb to  send you a message. 

I think it's more usual to pay a minor celebrity to send someone else a message. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think its great. Exactly the kind of nonsense our election deserves. Good on him.

Did he admit to commissioning the message himself then?

41 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

I think it's more usual to pay a minor celebrity to send someone else a message. 

Did he admit to commissioning the message himself then?

I’m not saying it’s not an odd thing to do. He has admitted ordering it himself

52C0914C-9B0E-4E3E-B5B6-5E692151D134.thumb.png.c4d5d01a98acd3d37b0c664e994dafec.png

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, but did he admit this right when he posted the video, or only after someone pulled him on it? That makes a huge difference. 

9 minutes ago, Declan said:

He has admitted ordering it himself

Hmm. Ordering one for someone else seems quite normal in a strippergram kind of way. Ordering one yourself and then sharing that to all and sundry strikes me as peculiar. 

42 minutes ago, Declan said:

I’m not saying it’s not an odd thing to do. He has admitted ordering it himself

52C0914C-9B0E-4E3E-B5B6-5E692151D134.thumb.png.c4d5d01a98acd3d37b0c664e994dafec.png

Err, it was truthful and honest what he said as you sent him notes to tell him what to say. Then presumably you paid him to read from the notes you yourself typed up. Has this bloke got something wrong in the head? 

Edited by offshoremanxman

27 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Yes, but did he admit this right when he posted the video, or only after someone pulled him on it? That makes a huge difference. 

The confirmation came later. But wasn't it obviously paid for? It was to me.

• Like 1

I don't think it was clear to everyone who looked at it. Not everyone knows what cameo is and the wording - if intended to be humorous - didn't make it clear enough that he paid for this and that it's not an endorsement. There's a fine line here between a clever way to get some campaign coverage and a piss poor attempt at trying to hoodwink voters. 

image.png

It was obvious to me. I get that it wasn’t to everyone. But is that the same as deliberate hoodwinking?

Plenty of people viewing would know that it was a paid message and point it out. 

The whole thing was a stupid idea, I think not pointing out it’s a paid message is just a further layer of stupidity. 

Edited by Declan