Ramsey

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

How much do you need to pay to lop someones head of with a sword?

Not down on the list. I've got decapitation by pen knife @ £45 so I'm guessing sword will be around £50 to £70? Are you making it look like an accident? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, slinkydevil said:

Not down on the list. I've got decapitation by pen knife @ £45 so I'm guessing sword will be around £50 to £70? Are you making it look like an accident? 

Not if its that cheap no. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Piggle said:

What went through Mann’s mind that a 1940’s German policy was a good way to deal with crime. No wonder Allinson is miles ahead.

Miles ahead?  Not with anyone I know.

Where do you get that from?  Maybe the pubs aren’t his target audience?

11 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Miles ahead?  Not with anyone I know.

Where do you get that from?  Maybe the pubs aren’t his target audience?

A glance at 24keys and from what I’ve  heard he’s popular with people who voted for him last time. Maybe I’m making assumptions because he’s the incumbent and some of the other candidates just aren’t up to it.

edit: I know 24keys is massively over scoring candidates and it’s a bit of a joke but at least it’s something to go off

Edited by Piggle

9 hours ago, Piggle said:

from what I’ve  heard he’s popular with people who voted for him last time. Maybe I’m making assumptions because he’s the incumbent and some of the other candidates just aren’t up to it.

It's worth emphasising just how popular he was last time.  Of all the people who voted in Ramsey in 2016, 84% of them gave one of their votes to Allinson.  It was by far the best individual result of the election. 

So he's got a lot of support to lose - especially given how many other candidates there are.  With there being eight candidates, Robertshaw got elected with just 29% of voters backing him.

• Like 2

His rather draconian justice proposals aside, I can see some of Simon Mann's manifesto points striking a chord with quite a few people, and there's plenty of points in there. He claims to have a group of Ramsey residents behind him, presumably his backers?

The "Appalling State of our Nation", from the demise and "giving away"of our fishing industry to his criticism of the MUA pricing of "some of the most expensive electricity in Europe", paying farmers to do little (a "failed Dept" in DEFA) to the state of Ramsey, its promenades and quays and ludicrous marina proposals. Little to do for our younger generations.

The manifesto runs to eight pages, cover to cover, many salient points in there for many too IMHO. And no, I'm nothing to do with his campaign.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 1

I think Allinson is a bit like Watty with a big vote last time (miles ahead)

I think both will top the poll but with a considerable drop in there vote, The Mann chap could well give Hooper a close run though, good luck to him.

Mann

didn't make it as a cop ✔️

didn’t make it as an advocate✔️

didn’t make it as deputy certifying officer✔️

not sure about what he did in Norfolk, but he didn’t stick it out and returned to IoM✔️

presented several Tynwald day petitions which got nowhere✔️

makes Stu Peters look like a bleeding heart liberal ✔️

What could possibly go right…

• Like 2

On 9/10/2021 at 1:10 AM, Piggle said:

A glance at 24keys and from what I’ve  heard he’s popular with people who voted for him last time. Maybe I’m making assumptions because he’s the incumbent and some of the other candidates just aren’t up to it.

edit: I know 24keys is massively over scoring candidates and it’s a bit of a joke but at least it’s something to go off

24 keys now has Simon “let the Rick commit any crimes they want” Mann in the lead so I think you can defeat ignore anything they say