Ramsey

4 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

24 keys now has Simon “let the Rick commit any crimes they want” Mann in the lead so I think you can defeat ignore anything they say

I'm not so sure, as posted above he's tapped into quite a lot of popular opinions (many frequently voiced on these boards alone) and is making a lot of points about stuff that others

a) would rather pretend didn't exist and/or

b) would rather not admit that some of which has occurred on their watch and would prefer remained unmentioned

In short he's offering to grasp nettles and I think that the people of Ramsey in particular would like to see some of that in respect of their own town alone.

I think there could be an upset in the offing here. It's just a pity that he's Simon Mann.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lightening McQueen said:

I’m convinced Simon Mann is living in the 1970s, the worrying thing is, a lot of the electorate are, and may vote for the fool!

Ramsey needs to bring back The Joke Shop and Jim Mitchell's northern branch of The Music Box.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Ramsey needs to bring back The Joke Shop and Jim Mitchell's northern branch of The Music Box.

Last time I ventured to the pubs of an evening it appeared that someone is still operating the joke shop from behind closed doors.

Funny wigs. False moustaches. Fancy dress and fart spray all seemed to be in plentiful supply.

29 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

If LibVan had a campaign bus, it'd be a clown caR

That reply is pretty brutal but right. If their logo is stuck on a statement that people read then they can’t just say it has nothing to do with them. He seems to be doing the same as he did over Josems MTA employment. It’s got nothing to do with Liberal Vannin when 100% of everyone else thinks it does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just received Dr Allinson's A5 Manifesto through the post, long lists of wishes and things that "need" to be or "should" be done...unfortunately not much infill on how or when they would. A careful stance on the Marina which appears to be a spot of fence-balancing. Nothing in there that would personally make me rush out and tick the box I'm afraid.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I've just received Dr Allinson's A5 Manifesto through the post, long lists of wishes and things that "need" to be or "should" be done...unfortunately not much infill on how or when they would. A careful stance on the Marina which appears to be a spot of fence-balancing. Nothing in there that would personally make me rush out and tick the box I'm afraid.

We were only waiting on his and one other and according the the good lady they are both there for when the Studio 1 thing “airs” tonight.

Will sit tight and wait for any Twitter meltdowns or social media cockups before deciding next week.

Noticed a reduction in door knocking.  3 called so far (and it was them, because the doorbell says so) but we were out on each occasion.

Edited by Ramseyboi

There's a number of references in Allinson's manifesto to things within Govt, "moving too slowly". I'd say his manifesto is tempered with his experience of the last 5 years in trying to move stuff forward whilst dealing with the glacial pace of Govt/CS/PS who despise any change lest it might be to their own detriment?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2021 at 1:21 PM, Non-Believer said:

IMHO, he is now on the fence because he understands how passionate many ‘Save the Bay’ campaigners are, and that they will not vote for a candidate who supports a ‘grubby deal that deprives the community of a much-valued amenity’. His initial endorsement of the plan was about creating jobs, a good thing. But people perceive that the biggest impacts of this proposed deal would be to disadvantage of the majority of his constituents and to enrich the small number of wealthy individuals e.g., who would develop the Marina, etc. This is just as bewildering as the LibVan support for Josem and Willers. That said, I still think that the two incumbents will be re-elected albeit with wafer-thin margins.

This GE race could potentially result in a 3-horse race for Chief Minister - confused Alex, unpleasant Alf and waffler Chris who would presumably be preoccupied with figuring out what his slogan ‘Intelligently focusing government on us’ actually means. My personnel preference for the role of the CM would be Daphne Caine. My view is that she is the only person who I could trust to form a cohesive progressive administration consisting of MHKs who mean what they say.

Edited by code99
typo