Ramsey

17 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Son of Edgar.

As above post, then managed to get a lucrative appointment as a Crown-appointed IoM Legal Aid Certifying Officer for a few years too. Establishment to the core and has done very well out of IoM to date. Clearly there's a bit more to be had though.

He was only ever Deputy Certifying Officer on a relief basis if the Certifying officer was on holiday or ill. Part time. Daily rate when he worked. Don’t even think there was a retainer. Certainly no pension rights. He was living in Norfolk then. And LACO/DLACO aren’t crown appointments.

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And LACO/DLACO aren’t crown appointments.

With respect John, that's not what I was told, referring to previous PM correspondence with you on the matter?

23 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

With respect John, that's not what I was told, referring to previous PM correspondence with you on the matter?

All I can say is that I drafted the Statement of Terms/Contracts of Employment of both LACO and DLACO as a then member of the Legal Aid Committee, which employs them.

I think someone needs to explain how party politics works to Lawrie Hooper. You can't just go "mimimi I don't want to play anymore" when one of your official candidates is refusing to answer simple questions on who his financial backers are. Of course will this reflect on the party he is part of in some way. To call simple questions you don't want to answer harassment is more than a little rich. Is this the way LibVan treats voters? 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I think someone needs to explain how party politics works to Lawrie Hooper. You can't just go "mimimi I don't want to play anymore" when one of your official candidates is refusing to answer simple questions on who his financial backers are. Of course will this reflect on the party he is part of in some way. To call simple questions you don't want to answer harassment is more than a little rich. Is this the way LibVan treats voters? 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hooper is a lot like Quayle, he doesn’t like criticism, difficult questions or female MHKs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

I recall Mr Hooper working closely with Mrs Beecroft

Hooper does seem to give the impression of someone who has a real nasty side though from following his Tweets. If he’s not careful this repeated evasiveness in relation to Josem is going cause them a big issue. And that’s even before you start looking at their rather strange support for Peter Willers. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Hooper does seem to give the impression of someone who has a real nasty side though from following his Tweets. If he’s not careful this repeated evasiveness in relation to Josem is going cause them a big issue. And that’s even before you start looking at their rather strange support for Peter Willers. 

Absolutely. ”I have given a reply, now go away. Stop asking me questions I don’t want to answer. You’re getting too close to the truth.”

I found his style of questioning at the PAC meetings very aggressive and he came across as arrogant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Amadeus said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hooper's biggest problem is that when he buys into something he buys into it with body and soul. The question is when Josem eventually leaves LV will Hooper take the betrayal the same way he did with Julie Edge?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

will the people of Ramsey care about Michael Josem or Hooper's twitter feed though?

tough one to gauge

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 7:44 AM, Amadeus said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

of course he won't read this post

But.... I've never understood his party politics logic, considering he is SO in favour of party politics I find it mad that when quizzed on party line decisions he basically suggests they are free to act independently.... so... what's the point?

• Like 2