Ramsey

31 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

of course he won't read this post

But.... I've never understood his party politics logic, considering he is SO in favour of party politics I find it mad that when quizzed on party line decisions he basically suggests they are free to act independently.... so... what's the point?

The only party politics LibVan seem to have is "Unlike the rest I'm not in it for myself" which leaves a lot of open territory.

Not a bad legacy for the founder really....

38 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

will the people of Ramsey care about Michael Josem or Hooper's twitter feed though?

tough one to gauge

Does social media not exist in Ramsey then? I’d thought a lot of Ramsey voters probably follow Hoopers Twitter feed? He’s got about 1800 followers and he only got around 1400 votes last time round I think. 

Some of his tweets in the last few weeks just come across as plain nasty. 

42 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

will the people of Ramsey care about Michael Josem or Hooper's twitter feed though?

tough one to gauge

People don't follow every twist and turn of twitter spats, but they do get a general impression from such things and if that is one of evading questions and an association with general dodginess, it could be damaging.  It probably wouldn't matter if there weren't so many candidates standing, which will make things more uncertain, though of course only the incumbents will have done much campaigning till recently.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

People don't follow every twist and turn of twitter spats, but they do get a general impression from such things and if that is one of evading questions and an association with general dodginess, it could be damaging.  It probably wouldn't matter if there weren't so many candidates standing, which will make things more uncertain, though of course only the incumbents will have done much campaigning till recently.

I genuinely don't think the majority of Ramsey voters follow hooper on Twitter

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

That was sort of my point, they'll not trawl through it directly but some will get an impression second or third hand through conversations or other websites, such as here or Facebook.  A bit of guilt by association may rub off. 

People tend to vote for the person rather than party labels, so it may not make much difference, but it may influence people who are primarily voting for Allinson to put their second vote elsewhere - particularly as there are so many alternatives.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

That was sort of my point, they'll not trawl through it directly but some will get an impression second or third hand through conversations or other websites, such as here or Facebook.  A bit of guilt by association may rub off. 

People tend to vote for the person rather than party labels, so it may not make much difference, but it may influence people who are primarily voting for Allinson to put their second vote elsewhere - particularly as there are so many alternatives.

And also how he comes across on the doorstep. He has been bold enough to self assess his performance based on his 2016 manifesto (and scores himself highly!)

2 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Most have blocked him.

re Simon Mann being a shoe in.  If people vote based on his Dad and a fairly blatant bit of bandwagon jumping on the only info he has put out so far then it is a sad day for democracy and a sad reflection of Ramsey.

If people vote for him because they like how he comes across on the doorstep and can see value in his manifesto plus thinking he deals with the press and hustings in a way that makes them think he is the best person for the job - then that is all cool.

7 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s easy enough to have a look at his Twitter account yourself. Or do you only get all your news from ManxForums? 

@offshoremanxman

So no examples then?

Didn't think so. 

The irony of you claiming someone else is "just plain nasty" did not escape me....

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

The irony of you claiming someone else is "just plain nasty" did not escape me....

I honestly don’t know what your problem is. Do you not have access to things that are not posted in this forum? His Twitter account is freely accessible by anyone. 

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I honestly don’t know what your problem is. Do you not have access to things that are not posted in this forum? His Twitter account is freely accessible by anyone. 

I just take the view that when you make derogatory remarks about someone at an important time like this i.e. when they're standing for re-election then you should be prepared to back them up.

Simple as.

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I just take the view that when you make derogatory remarks about someone at an important time like this i.e. when they're standing for re-election then you should be prepared to back them up.

Simple as.

All I do is read his Twitter feed which is available for anyone to read as it’s public which is what I suggested you did. That is where I drew my views from. It’s an easy enough concept to grasp I’d have thought.

30 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

All I do is read his Twitter feed which is available for anyone to read as it’s public which is what I suggested you did. That is where I drew my views from. It’s an easy enough concept to grasp I’d have thought.

The concept is simple enough.

However from behind your keyboard you have made a derogatory remark about someone seeking re-election. Not nice.

So here is another easy to grasp concept - put up or shut up....

• Haha 1