Ramsey

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

However from behind your keyboard you have made a derogatory remark about someone seeking re-election. Not nice.

Count it as 360 degree feedback. It’s quite clear from his Twitter feed what arrogant man he comes across as and to be honest I only said he comes across as arrogant (my opinion) when there’s much, much worse been said about candidates by other people here so it’s hard to see what you’re getting your knickers in a twist about to be honest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The concept is simple enough.

However from behind your keyboard you have made a derogatory remark about someone seeking re-election. Not nice.

So here is another easy to grasp concept - put up or shut up....

It’s not your job, to judge on here, or to ask people to put up or shut up. Judging is down to the mods. The put up or shut up is up to Hooper. You aren’t his agent or lapdog.

Plenty of the comments on Twitter by Hooper and Josem have been posted in this thread. Read and consider.

You’ve always portrayed yourself as liberal. Your views over the last few days on here put you into the casually racist, suppress freedom of speech, Stu Peters or Josem, wings of liberalism.  You know, the so called “libertarian” right.

• Like 2

Hooper manifesto is up on the government site - has it been posted here before?

https://www.gov.im/media/1374121/lawrie-hooper-manifesto.pdf

He doesn't support intensive housing development on greenfield sites or the beach - which is good

He is very good on curtailing the pervasive influence of Treasury:

image.png.ef5b7ae6634e4a12d4d0babcaf065d15.png

['Pervasive' is my word]

Edited by SleepyJoe

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

It may be pervasive, but it isn't very effective.  They seem to be more concerned that ever-more complicated procedures are gone through (presumably so as to keep them all in work and feeling important), but have not control over malfunctioning projects.  As ever bad behaviour gets rewarded and approved retrospectively, while those who try to do things for the good of the Island and do things properly have all sorts of barriers put in their way.  Ranson's evidence was quite interesting on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

He doesn't support intensive housing development on greenfield sites or the beach - which is good

['Pervasive' is my word]

He’s another one after treasury minister job , if he does get role wait for change in stance!!

I understand it’s the civil servants particularly the CEO who have thought up & introduced all the procedures, the tender process is a typical civil servants scheme which has a extremely difficult & costly to navigate which is why many small local companies don’t tender for government contracts 

5 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

['Pervasive' is my word]

Anyone feel like bullet pointing that for me.

No way I am reading all that waffle

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Anyone feel like bullet pointing that for me.

No way I am reading all that waffle

Once described by a professional colleague as "generally an all round good egg".

And has two cats.

There you go. Now where’s my fiver  🤪

Oops.  One of The Ramsey prospectives appears to have misread his audience.  This one was perhaps better saved for the doorsteps of those who are against the evil weed than a paid for advert on a social media platform where the majority aren’t.

Whilst I have been out and about talking to people; one of the concerns raised and brought up multiple times is the legalisation on Cannabis.

��In Short:�
* I am for the legalisation on medicinal cannabis.�
* In terms of the production of Hemp, I still need to be convinced that it would be of great benefit to the Island.
* I am not in favour of the legalisation of recreational Cannabis on the Island.

Medicinal cannabis has been found to help those who suffer from certain illnesses. Allowing those people the opportunity to have a better quality of life and to feel in better health owing to the benefits of using medicinal cannabis, such as an alternative pain relief, I would not object to. As long as medicinal cannabis is regulated, prescribed and not able to be bought of the shelf, I think this could be a feasible option for the island. 

��The production of hemp can be advantageous; with hemp being used to make a wide range of products e.g. soaps, cloth and cosmetics.�However I believe that further down the line it could lead to the production of cannabis and the drug to be legalised. Additionally, the production of hemp will not come cheap! With the new equipment, resources and training required to farm it, the vetting process of the people able to handle it, as well as the licensing and monitoring of it. Not forgetting that while it is still classed as a drug; the security which will be required in growing it. The government already subsidises many farmers on the Island at the cost to the rate payer. 
Whilst I am keen to encourage new business developments I am sceptical of this particular industry and believe the merits on hemp production need to explored further before any Government support is given.

I feel that introducing the casual use of cannabis on the Island would bring with it a change in culture which could have a negative effect.�Businesses and workplaces could be at risk if their employees use cannabis, the economy could be at risk due to the change in culture and population after legalising the drug. While I know there are some positives such as police and courts time and resources will no longer be used chasing people using cannabis but I would very much like the Isle of Man to be known as a much better place other than its reputation for gambling and drugs.”

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Oops.  One of The Ramsey prospectives appears to have misread his audience.  This one was perhaps better saved for the doorsteps of those who are against the evil weed than a paid for advert on a social media platform where the majority aren’t.

Whilst I have been out and about talking to people; one of the concerns raised and brought up multiple times is the legalisation on Cannabis.

��In Short:�
* I am for the legalisation on medicinal cannabis.�
* In terms of the production of Hemp, I still need to be convinced that it would be of great benefit to the Island.
* I am not in favour of the legalisation of recreational Cannabis on the Island.

Medicinal cannabis has been found to help those who suffer from certain illnesses. Allowing those people the opportunity to have a better quality of life and to feel in better health owing to the benefits of using medicinal cannabis, such as an alternative pain relief, I would not object to. As long as medicinal cannabis is regulated, prescribed and not able to be bought of the shelf, I think this could be a feasible option for the island. 

��The production of hemp can be advantageous; with hemp being used to make a wide range of products e.g. soaps, cloth and cosmetics.�However I believe that further down the line it could lead to the production of cannabis and the drug to be legalised. Additionally, the production of hemp will not come cheap! With the new equipment, resources and training required to farm it, the vetting process of the people able to handle it, as well as the licensing and monitoring of it. Not forgetting that while it is still classed as a drug; the security which will be required in growing it. The government already subsidises many farmers on the Island at the cost to the rate payer. 
Whilst I am keen to encourage new business developments I am sceptical of this particular industry and believe the merits on hemp production need to explored further before any Government support is given.

I feel that introducing the casual use of cannabis on the Island would bring with it a change in culture which could have a negative effect.�Businesses and workplaces could be at risk if their employees use cannabis, the economy could be at risk due to the change in culture and population after legalising the drug. While I know there are some positives such as police and courts time and resources will no longer be used chasing people using cannabis but I would very much like the Isle of Man to be known as a much better place other than its reputation for gambling and drugs.”

Spelling, punctuation  and grammar poor. And stupid question marks in lozenges really are naff.

more worryingly, he seems to think rates pay for farming subsidies and and that cannabis use isn’t already widespread.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Spelling, punctuation  and grammar poor. And stupid question marks in lozenges really are naff.

more worryingly, he seems to think rates pay for farming subsidies and and that cannabis use isn’t already widespread.

If he knocks on my door after we are home from work tonight he won’t appreciate the smell. Or the neighbours either side.  I might offer him some 😂 and invite him in

• Haha 2

The good Doctor delivering A5 flyers from a shoulderbag in my locality this afternoon, no doorbell, no knock at the door, no discussion. Just the A5 through the letterboxes.

Perhaps he doesn't want to talk to his constituents?