Helicopter tours

trmpton

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

It should be on your bucket list if you've never been in a helicopter and can afford it. VTOL is a blast.

Landing's the problem, can also be a blast.

14 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

A great way to beat the traffic delays being inflicted on us down south by DOI... probably only affordable to the upper echelons of DOI Management. 

Fair play to them, I hope it's a success for them. 

If it's a roaring success we'll no doubt see Longworth and Copter Vannin soon enough.

Or Mann Chopper?

• Haha 2

I've had several helicopter trips, I wasn't conscious for a couple of them so had no choice. The well publicised accidents, which usually involve some high profile victims, tend to put me off really. Although the TT and MGP rescue choppers seem to manage well, getting in and out of some tricky spots. This makes me think that the focus required to fly the things safely gets them through, the minute you become blase, you're likely to fall into a non recoverable situation? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Nothing in nature flies like a helicopter...not for me

What about the twirly sycamore seeds with wings that elegantly drop from the branch and then elegantly fall to the ground?

Oh yeah, see your point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the yellow peril, i think i saw that yesterday heading north over kirkmichael. i've been in an R22 once and it shook like a shitting dog, robinsons aren't exactly my favourite heli , a sort of mk1 mini of the skies with a similar amount of comfort.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

the yellow peril, i think i saw that yesterday heading north over kirkmichael. i've been in an R22 once and it shook like a shitting dog, robinsons aren't exactly my favourite heli , a sort of mk1 mini of the skies with a similar amount of comfort.

Horrible, noisy pain in the arse waking me up every time it comes over. lol:rolleyes:

It’s being run by Luvi. Daft thing is it is working under a UK Air Operators Certificate because the IOM CAA can’t issue them for some reason.

great way to see the Island. If he sets up a flight school as well he may get a few takers