Howard Quayle's Resignation

AlanShimmin

Surely it's now called for? After reading the Steam Packet report it's clear that the actions of the Isle of Man Government in the early part of this year were not those of responsible regime. 

Howard needs to do the honourable thing and fall on his sword. Ultimately he headed up comin and Government, so it is he who is ultimately responsible.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, littlebushy said:

Faster my. The chief minister has looked at the shitisthics and consulted with the chief cuntstable and lessons have been lerned. There is no need for hyperbowl.

Clever(ish) of you to try and double bluff us Howard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Clever(ish) of you to try and double bluff us Howard.

You suggesting I'm some sort of bumbling buffoon  with poor taste in clothing? I could go on to clarify the situation by using a thousand more words and leave you more confused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disappointing thread title, what with this being local news and everything.

I woke up, opened my phone, and thought common sense had prevailed.

Dissapointed.   My Saturday is currently running at 2 out of 10 after briefly hitting a 9 when I logged on.

Must try harder. Lessons should be learned.

Posted (edited)

I think your all being unfair to our illustrious leader. On his watch we have seen the landing stage costs multiply , the Prom go from bad to a total embrassement without seemingly any injection from the big boss man. I do remember though on Princess Anne visit when interview by PM when asked about the prom he could only laugh . Rates reform has completly stalled on his watch as has the debacle of Gas costings which his Tynwald have seemingly failed to grasp the situation and pushed it back continuely . The Rachel Glover issues which clearly he had a big imput and all the other failures around Covid response and failure to lock down sooner. Programme of government seemingly has all but been forgotton totally on his watch . Then you have the Steam Packet responses , and yes theres lots more I know but it is early and my mind is on my second covid jab shortly and being able to view the expensive totally unnecessary structure at the airport built just for the purpose . No , the buffoon will not be missed and says alot about the people who voted for him after his failures in Health . I was 'fortunate ' ! to go to the Manx Legion for the unveilling of the candidates for CM and he was full of it about how transparent his regime would be should he be elected . Well I'm sorry you pompous man you have been anything but transparent at the head of OUR government and you will be remembered by me anyway as truly the worst CM we have ever had . He brought nothing to the table except arrogance and a total failure to address issues that have needed dealing with .  Cant go soon enough in my eyes .my eyes lit up when this morning saw the headline to the topic..sadly am deflated massively now. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, littlebushy said:

I could go on to clarify the situation by using a thousand more words and leave you more confused.

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That is a rare skill!

Chris Thomas exhibits the “skill” every time he speaks

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Surely it's now called for? After reading the Steam Packet report it's clear that the actions of the Isle of Man Government in the early part of this year were not those of responsible regime. 

Howard needs to do the honourable thing and fall on his sword. Ultimately he headed up comin and Government, so it is he who is ultimately responsible.

I'm afraid I completely disagree with you. Whilst I'm no great HQ fan, he has behaved professionally throughout this saga. He has kept his council and at the end of the day opened up the soft belly of his administration to be investigated and taken the criticism. 

In the meantime has the SPCo has got away with being treated like a child with seemingly  no accountability expected for it's own actions and the actions of its employees. Expecting to be baby'd through the whole process by goverment.  Dozens of other organisations have managed to develop their own mitigations and risk assessments and further managed the movements of 100's of staff movements without incident.

In this case well done Howard. You have spared others by your honourable action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

FFS! The whole, sorry saga has been  a dog’s breakfast. The IOM was in a very fortunate position, probably only shared by NZ and Australia, of having transport links that don’t involve many travelling personnel. Flights were stopped, so no aircrew to worry about. Trucked goods arrive without drivers - unusual and very helpful for isolation. There was only the SP to think about. Testing all the boat involved staff every day wouldn’t have been rocket science and may have averted the last breakout. In the UK all staff and pupils attending school are tested twice weekly, and have been for a long time. Why was managing the few dozen people involved so impossible? Since the company is, effectively, owned by the government there must be somebody accountable there. The government and the SP management are jointly responsible ble and have failed in their duty of care. As for sanctions; expecting the turkeys to implement Christmas is not a likely scenario!