New SPCo Boss

Max Power

He sounds a capable sort of chap, but is he a government appointee rather than appointed by the company? We all know how IoMG love to appoint those who are driven by process rather than results. He appears to have Marine experience from a design and administrative perspective, but does he have private sector experience to enable the SPCo to maintain its £10m pa profitability? Anyway, good luck to the man, no pressure! 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=62023&headline=New Steam Packet boss&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

I’m trying desperately hard not to comment on the mans appearance because it’s not really appropriate but I’ll say it in the politest way possible, some of the sternest/angriest/unhappiest looking people I’ve met have actually turned out to be some of the nicest.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, display name said:

That was short lived. Or is it only temporary?

Don't know the details but there were (apparently) lots of complaints from Racing Teams and others about his intransigence and inability to accommodate requests. Paul Philips has been brought back to run the show, even though he is not a civil servant he seems to have control of the purse strings. I may have some details slightly wrong but that is essentially the story