"Arthur Daley" Estate Agent practices

Manx Bean

10 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

One thing I have heard is common practice is Douglas Corporation building control officers have enforced heavy handedly on owners of dilapidated properties that can't afford to do them up and then they've made a cheeky side offer to them to buy it on the cheap, do it up, sell it on.

Happened a number of times over last 5 years supposedly.

“Supposedly” being the key word in this crock of shit.

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

As I said above. They were bragging about it 🤷‍♂️ either they were lying or they weren't.. 

And now they're asking you to shut up about it!

(It's always nice when chancer or TVOR come on to denounce something as an evil rumour that shouldn't be believed.  It adds so much to the credibility of the story.  So to have both of them denying something so vociferously almost guarantees the truth of it).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And now they're asking you to shut up about it!

(It's always nice when chancer or TVOR come on to denounce something as an evil rumour that shouldn't be believed.  It adds so much to the credibility of the story.  So to have both of them denying something so vociferously almost guarantees the truth of it).

I’m not asking anyone to shut up about it. Nor am I being particularly vociferous. Anyone can blather on about it to their hearts content.

If you think it’s credible and almost guaranteed to be true because a couple of people have had the audacity to question the veracity of this “common practice “ then that is entirely up to you.

(I guess you believe that the Covid vaccinations do make you metallic because Messrs Ashford and Allison denied it.)

46 minutes ago, Danoo said:

It's a bubble and a ponzi at the minute. Be careful not to be left holding the baby when the music stops.

It's not a Ponzi. I also think the current prices will stay more-or-less stable for the next few years.

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

It’s a cutthroat market. Even amongst the agents. One has broken ranks and is offering to undercut any other fee quote by 10%

Finders fees down here, I've collected twice. There's so little for sale it's untrue.

We need housing associations here with land & seeding money provided by government rather than the crappy buyer’s schemes they have at present, they could start with old prison site, nurses home, park road school site etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2