"Arthur Daley" Estate Agent practices

Manx Bean

Cowboy builders and plumbers - those that have to be called back to correct their original work? Seen a fair few of them. Never again though.

Speaking of bankers please can I congratulate the Isle of Man Bank.

Due to the Banks requirements apparently the milk man's business can no longer sustain payments we have used for the last few years. The bank charges are they say £2.50 to process per cheque and the company can not maintain those charges. (charge used to be 0.70). We can pay online , give them a call or leave money on the doorstep.

That should be a boost for business, if nothing else. 

Welcome to the brave new world. 

3 hours ago, Apple said:

Speaking of bankers please can I congratulate the Isle of Man Bank.

Due to the Banks requirements apparently the milk man's business can no longer sustain payments we have used for the last few years. The bank charges are they say £2.50 to process per cheque and the company can not maintain those charges. (charge used to be 0.70). We can pay online , give them a call or leave money on the doorstep.

That should be a boost for business, if nothing else. 

Welcome to the brave new world. 

Same message from my window cleaner.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I'm sure Cowley Groves knowingly want to squeeze the last drop out of the market boom before the new G7 tax rules. Estate Agents are cynical bastards and Creane knew this was coming.

Everyone here with a brain has always known that something like the G7 issue was coming sooner or later. It was obviously always only a matter of when and it will not be a surprise to anyone.

It doesn't necessarily undermine the attractiveness of the IOM as a place to choose to live.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

Firstly, greedy sellers are as much to blame as the agents.

Secondly, the cheque processing charge above is more expensive than using a credit card payment even American express is cheaper than the charge quoted above