"Arthur Daley" Estate Agent practices

Manx Bean

40 minutes ago, snowman said:

Firstly, greedy sellers are as much to blame as the agents.

Blame? If you are selling something then price discovery is surely exactly how a market should work?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, pongo said:

Blame? If you are selling something then price discovery is surely exactly how a market should work?

Price discovery is fine .. But accepting an offer ( at full ask ) and then withdrawing from the sale happened to two people I know.  House gets listed again a few days later  ( and sold ) at a higher price to someone else and buyer 1 is not aware till the sale goes through.. 

May not be the estate agents decision to withdraw from the sale and list again but would be nice if they let buyer 1 know  that the house is back on the market. 

Edited by mad_manx

I know for a fact that creane started with nothing, didn't let go of one staff member in the recession, gave himself two brain  aneurysms keeping the company going and hasn't taken a salary for years. Gave full pay throughout lockdown and rejected a bid from the developers of the old KFC to keep the company there for the staff and the families. Be kind..

9 hours ago, finlo said:

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would cut them out of the loop altogether.

Absolutely! A few decent photos posted on a classified page on Facebook and Bob’s your Uncle. I certainly wouldn’t want to give a penny of my money to an estate agent in this climate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Absolutely! A few decent photos posted on a classified page on Facebook and Bob’s your Uncle. I certainly wouldn’t want to give a penny of my money to an estate agent in this climate.

Round here the EAs have customers ready to buy before a house comes on the market, quite a few have sold like that. Your Chinese / Hong Kong / South African buyers will not be trawling through Facebook.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ManxKnowledge said:

I know for a fact that creane started with nothing, didn't let go of one staff member in the recession, gave himself two brain  aneurysms keeping the company going and hasn't taken a salary for years. Gave full pay throughout lockdown and rejected a bid from the developers of the old KFC to keep the company there for the staff and the families. Be kind..

Fair play but he does come across as sanctimonious greedy twat as does his shockingly arrogant and stereotype Estate Agent son of his Orry - a family blessed with faces you would never tire of punching

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Had a friend recently separated, arranged viewing of a house for rent in PSM listed £725/mo.

Agent called after 24hrs saying due to viewing demand price is now 925/mo and are they interested... happens all the time it seems.

34 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Had a friend recently separated, arranged viewing of a house for rent in PSM listed £725/mo.

Agent called after 24hrs saying due to viewing demand price is now 925/mo and are they interested... happens all the time it seems.

You say that like there is something wrong with that?