Ettyl

gossip1

11 hours ago, snowman said:

The original timeline for Emerald starting is 18 months away, with licenses, employees and contracts required before the airline can start.

Emerald was refused its operating licences less than a week ago and has to redo the process. They're well behind where they expected to be.

Ettyl have been in the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece today apologising for the deal to buy Stobart Air, falling through. Why? They didn’t have the funding and their funding partners may not have had the required funding. Maybe the funders decided that Ettyl weren’t a good risk both to lend money to, or to invest in. Like Dragons Den ……… For that reason im not investing ….. Im out!

In a way perhaps it’s a relief and good thing that the deal failed, IOMG would have thrown money at them, the business may have failed, and the taxpayer owed £0000s in landing fee charges. 

The Police are investigating. An individual or group must have done something that is potentially illegal for that to be the case. It doesn't smack of someone just changing their mind about whether to stump up cash.

9 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The Police are investigating. An individual or group must have done something that is potentially illegal for that to be the case. It doesn't smack of someone just changing their mind about whether to stump up cash.

The odd thing appears to be, according to Ettyl, that the report was made about, and the police are allegedly investigating, Ettyl’s lenders documentation. Of course the police haven’t confirmed any investigation.

Read into that anything you want 

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The odd thing appears to be, according to Ettyl, that the report was made about, and the police are allegedly investigating, Ettyl’s lenders documentation. Of course the police haven’t confirmed any investigation.

Read into that anything you want 

I mean the Telegraph did report: "A spokesman for the Isle of Man Constabulary said that following discussions with the chief inspector of economic crime that it was unable to comment."

Read in to that what you will. You do love drama speculation John...

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

I mean the Telegraph did report: "A spokesman for the Isle of Man Constabulary said that following discussions with the chief inspector of economic crime that it was unable to comment."

Read in to that what you will. You do love drama speculation John...

I’m stating fact. Not speculating at all.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Or maybe the potential lender conducted a Google search......

6 hours ago, Get a life said:

Or maybe the potential lender conducted a Google search......

yeah - that, is more like it - and found out that a certain Jason Scales cannot be trusted..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowman said:

When you want to link to an article behind a paywall you need to cut and paste the text, otherwise the majority of forum users can’t access. With Telegraph links that rises to 99.9%.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

When you want to link to an article behind a paywall you need to cut and paste the text, otherwise the majority of forum users can’t access. With Telegraph links that rises to 99.9%.

It's free for 24 hours. Just use multiple email addresses if necessary. Anyway......

Police have launched a formal investigation called into a £2 takeover of Stobart Air, the regional airline that called in liquidators last weekend. 

Stobart Air, which ran a string of services for Aer Lingus as well as previously operating flights for British Airways and Dutch carrier KLM, ceased trading after a rescue deal collapsed. Hundreds of jobs are now at risk. 

The Telegraph reported earlier this month that police on the Isle of Man had been alerted to potential irregularities in relation to the nominal sale to Ettyl, a start-up led by 26-year-old Bitcoin investor Jason Scales.

A spokesman from the Isle of Man Constabulary confirmed that a formal investigation is now underway. 

“We are unable to comment further at this time,” the police spokesman added. 

It is understood that the investigation is called "Operation Whirlwind".

Stobart Air was put up for sale by its London-listed owner Esken, formerly known as Stobart Group, to stem huge losses as a result of expensive aircraft leasing contracts that were negotiated several years ago.

Advertisement

Esken is understood to have provided lessors with a parent company guarantee, leaving it liable for lease payments worth millions of pounds following the airline’s collapse. 

Mr Scales struck a deal with Esken to buy the airline in April. Following inquiries from The Telegraph, Esken admitted in May that there were difficulties surrounding funding for the deal.

Ettyl says that it reported concerns to the police about an “issue with the paperwork supplied by one of the proposed third-party funders” as soon as it was aware of them.

Esken confirmed on Monday that it is in talks with buyout giant Carlyle to offload a 30pc stake in Southend Airport for £120m.

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

If you turn your javascript off and refresh the page the paywall disappears. You can do this in your browser settings or if you've any sense through your ublock origin extension. This doesn't work for the times or FT though sadly.

14 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If you turn your javascript off and refresh the page the paywall disappears. You can do this in your browser settings or if you've any sense through your ublock origin extension. This doesn't work for the times or FT though sadly.

None of that means anything. No idea how to do that on my ipad. Certainly can’t be bothered with all that faff. In any event I’d never read the Telegraph, even if it were free. And I certainly haven’t got time to set up hundreds of separate e-mail accounts. No one does, apart from TJ and sultan.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

None of that means anything. No idea how to do that on my ipad. Certainly can’t be bothered with all that faff. In any event I’d never read the Telegraph, even if it were free. And I certainly haven’t got time to set up hundreds of separate e-mail accounts. No one does, apart from TJ and sultan.

I couldn't advise on apple products but for me it is 3 clicks. I'm no fan of the telegraph either but sometimes there's an article worth a read, and turning off javascript is the easiest way to do it.

Info for everyone that really.