Sacked?

2bees

36 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I'm more than competent.

Despite your know it all "I've swallowed a HR manual" BS  the reality is that, certainly in larger companies, they've taken it upon  themselves to over egg the pudding on diversification etc.

It isn't about law.  It's about ticking boxes.  I'd have rejected 80% of the candidates and interviewed a couple of the men who clearly did meet the criteria required.  But that no longer fits with the narrative.  The end result of course was that I employed the person who I expected to.  So the right person got the job.

Bur there is a lot of unnecessary shite going on these days.

You are contradicting yourself now.  How can I have "swallowed a HR manual" but at the same time be telling you that recruitment,  and approaches to increasing diversity,  shouldn't be about box ticking?

The examples you give seem far to extreme. I suspect that you are rather exaggerating the truth.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

You are contradicting yourself now.  How can I have "swallowed a HR manual" but at the same time be telling you that recruitment,  and approaches to increasing diversity,  shouldn't be about box ticking?

The examples you give seem far to extreme. I suspect that you are rather exaggerating the truth.

download (25).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, 2112 said:

We live in a changing society. Are you saying that we shouldn’t employ LGBTQ+ people, BAME people, or various religions - say a practicing Jew or a practicing Muslim? 

you want qualified people in your business,  not ones that still need to practice.

Edited by Pipsqueak
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pipsqueak said:

exactly,  which is why some  lawyers are busy suing the place on behalf of victims of sub standard  treatment.

How do you know this - genuine question. ?

19 minutes ago, kevster said:

The Report was actually supposed to have been finished in April (though last week Baker had no idea when it would be published), so the fact that it is marked 'FINAL' and dated June suggests a lot of editing has gone on to make the contents fit what the Civil service actually want. 

As usual with Beamans' recommendations this seems to mean even more elaborate management structures employing even more highly paid civil servants.  Why have they become the go-to consultants I wonder?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Why have they become the go-to consultants I wonder?

Prior to joining Beamans, David was a career public servant culminating in the role of Chief Executive, Department of Health, Isle of Man Government. In this role David was responsible for the later stages of the development, and the commissioning, of a new hospital, which opened in 2003, designed to meet the future needs of the Island’s growing population, with access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. As Chief Executive, David was also responsible for the modernisation of pay, terms and conditions for the Island’s health and social care workforce.

Link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Airport proposed to become a Gov Co subject to Tynwald approval

In the terms of reference:

The Airport review was alone in recommending the move to such a structure, a proposal which was approved in principle by Tynwald and a proposal to create a Government owned company to operate the Airport is in progress (although delayed due to Covid 19).

Edited by snowman