Sacked?

2bees

2 hours ago, Fluffy123 said:

So to summarise - no one has been sacked we still have 24 MHKs and Manx forums remains utter twoddle. 

I think you might find that it's utter twaddle to call something else utter twoddle. In fact the existence of utter twoddle is actually twaddle of the utmost kind

This thread isn't about the Executive Director of Social Services is it ? 

Rumour has it she can reapply for her job now the job description has been changed and will be returning if she is successful. 

If true, I am sure its is only just a small stitch in the rich tapestry of life here on the island. 

6 minutes ago, Apple said:

Rumour has it she can reapply for her job now the job description has been changed and will be returning if she is successful. 

If true, I am sure its is only just a small stitch in the rich tapestry of life here on the island. 

Surely your not suggesting that they have written it to suit her qualifications are you. They would never do that ! 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Apple said:

8 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Surely your not suggesting that they have written it to suit her qualifications are you. They would never do that ! 

There have been several jobs, across government, recently. that have moved from acting, interim, or temporary, designation to permanent, or where the original work permits were originally only issued for a limited one or two year period, where the incumbent has had to reapply for the same post, same job description, on the same terms and conditions.

The external advertising and work permit rules have required the empty exercise.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The external advertising and work permit rules have required the empty exercise.

I think people were told it was because you need a social work qualification to run social services (essential criteria as opposed to desirable).  Small matter I agree if true then presumably details such as that can prevent others from applying in the first instance, especially locals.

To the topic though, presumably no-one has been sacked ? 

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Seems fine.

Recruiting is painful these days.  I've done it recently.  So much time wasted having yo fill quotas like interviewing 50% men and 50% women etc.

What requires you to interview an equal proportion of men and women.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Seems fine.

Recruiting is painful these days.  I've done it recently.  So much time wasted having yo fill quotas like interviewing 50% men and 50% women etc.

Poor you. So I take it you would do away with positive discrimination? Employing under represented groups especially on the island, like LGBTQAI+ community, BAME, Various Religious groups and disabled applicants (in most normal societies they are guaranteed an interview!). 

Or would you employed a Mate, or someone who is good at golf? 

Just now, 2112 said:

Poor you. So I take it you would do away with positive discrimination? Employing under represented groups especially on the island, like LGBTQAI+ community, BAME, Various Religious groups and disabled applicants (in most normal societies they are guaranteed an interview!). 

I would employ the best person for the job.  Not to fill a quota that says we don't have enough x y or z categories of people.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The snowflake society thay we live in.

We live in a changing society. Are you saying that we shouldn’t employ LGBTQ+ people, BAME people, or various religions - say a practicing Jew or a practicing Muslim? 

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

how would you go about positively discriminating towards those groups you mention? wouldn't you be struggling to comply with equality legislation by asking the questions to allow you to discover that information?

• Like 2