Sacked?

2bees

Just now, 2112 said:

We live in a changing society. Are you saying that we shouldn’t employ LGBTQ+ people, BAME people, or various religions - say a practicing Jew or a practicing Muslim? 

We need to employ the best person for the job.

Not someone because they of a specific category.

Also, the stuff that comes through now tends to have all of the above removed.  In fact, I think it might be mandatory?

I mean, it would be fairly insulting to say to someone "are you a lesbian? We don't employ enough and need one.  Don't worry about if you can do the job or not".

• Like 2

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I would employ the best person for the job.  Not to fill a quota that says we don't have enough x y or z categories of people.

Unfortunately life doesn’t work like that. If a person gets the job and afterwards it turns out they hold various beliefs and may practice religiously (go to the mosque to pray - some religious Jews will want Friday afternoon off and wont work Saturday)

Just now, 2112 said:

Unfortunately life doesn’t work like that. If a person gets the job and afterwards it turns out they hold various beliefs and may practice religiously (go to the mosque to pray - some religious Jews will want Friday afternoon off and wont work Saturday)

They should be employed because they are the best candidate.  Not because the Muslim quota needs bolstering.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

how would you go about positively discriminating towards those groups you mention? wouldn't you be struggling to comply with equality legislation by asking the questions to allow you to discover that information?

In all fairness this island wants its cake and to eat it. It’s update it’s laws on both Equalities and LGBTQ+ etc. Islanders are being lectured by some of these groups LGBTQ community and last summer the Black Lives Matter protest on the island. Are we saying that in terms of employment they don’t count? Some organisations have jumped on the bandwagon big style, it would be interesting if they are holier than holier in their HR practicing, in terms as to whether they are a Equal Opportunities Employer. Yes the best person for the job is fine, but nowadays things have moved on. 

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

In all fairness this island wants its cake and to eat it. It’s update it’s laws on both Equalities and LGBTQ+ etc. Islanders are being lectured by some of these groups LGBTQ community and last summer the Black Lives Matter protest on the island. Are we saying that in terms of employment they don’t count? Some organisations have jumped on the bandwagon big style, it would be interesting if they are holier than holier in their HR practicing, in terms as to whether they are a Equal Opportunities Employer. Yes the best person for the job is fine, but nowadays things have moved on. 

The above demonstrates how detached you are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The snowflake society thay we live in.

So it's in your head then? 

The only place in the UK that has a "quota" as far as I am aware is Northern Ireland and that is based on religion.  If you are choosing to impose your own quota well that's your problem.

I do agree that you should hire the best person for the job regardless of age, sex, religion etc.  

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

So it's in your head then? 

The only place in the UK that has a "quota" as far as I am aware is Northern Ireland and that is based on religion.  If you are choosing to impose your own quota well that's your problem.

I do agree that you should hire the best person for the job regardless of age, sex, religion etc.  

It isn't "me".

This is the way it is working in many companies now.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It isn't "me".

This is the way it is working in many companies now.

Absolute BS.  I should know I am heavily involved in recruitment.  

Some companies choose to encourage applications from minority groups but certainly don't go anywhere near setting quotas.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 5:32 PM, Rob Callister said:

A big thank you to the Manx Forums members that contacted me regarding this post this afternoon....

Happy to confirm that I haven’t been sacked from any Government Department or as the Children’s Champion to the best of my knowledge, and I certainly haven’t received any flower so far.....

Neither have I resigned as a Member of the House of Keys. 

Given the fact that I have just an extended DBS check signed off and approved, I will give the individual an opportunity to remove the “murky past” comment before taking some legal advise...

Are you actually threatening to Sue a Manx forum  member?   You will get sacked by the people in next election so be nice,  all members of the public are your employer, the people who pay you, try not to attempt to piss off your employer mate.  

Saw this rumour on Facebook earlier with some braver people throwing some names out

it'll all out in the wash if true

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I mean, it would be fairly insulting to say to someone "are you a lesbian? We don't employ enough and need one.  Don't worry about if you can do the job or not".

But that doesn't actually happen does it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhumsaa said:

Saw this rumour on Facebook earlier with some braver people throwing some names out

it'll all out in the wash if true

Must say not seen anything . Any link or ??  Not disbelieving you btw  

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Must say not seen anything . Any link or ??  Not disbelieving you btw  

I had in my head it was one of the satire pages but having done a bit of searching it was actually Nick Crowe's facebook

So....

1. still might be satire tbf

2. make your own judgements as to the calibre of the source material

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rhumsaa said:

I had in my head it was one of the satire pages but having done a bit of searching it was actually Nick Crowe's facebook

So....

1. still might be satire tbf

2. make your own judgements as to the calibre of the source material

Mmmmmm yes hear where your coming from , thanks though

• Like 1