HRH The Chief Minister gets a gong

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, it shouldn't be the case, but it is.  I doubt anything is going to be named in his honour, apart from the Liverpool landing stage, which could be Howard's Quay, perhaps? 

More like Howards Folly 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh how lovely for Howard, richly deserved after all his hard work keeping the island safe despite all the doubters. You people just don't appreciate what he does in your name.

Did you type that with a straight face?

Comin got lucky last summer, then took their eye off the ball around Christmas when we all got properly fucked over.

Worst Chief Minister in our history. Let's stop pretending otherwise. 

Edited by AlanShimmin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Did you type that with a straight face?

Comin got lucky last summer, then took their eye off the ball around Christmas when we all got properly fucked over.

Worst Chief Minister in our history. Let's stop pretending otherwise. 

I am not pretending otherwise, but he is going.  However,  it would be just awful if he became  PM's political pundit on IOMTV, or whatever it is called now. 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece has announced that HRH The Chief Minister has been awarded a CBE in the Queens Birthday Honours, in recognition of his achievements in the Islands COVID 19 battle. 

Christopher Sharpe of the Manx Bird Atlas gets an MBE. Joan Marilyn Cannell gets a BEM for services to Kirk Michael and to the Guild. 

Quite frankly a lot of decent people who contribute to island life, and are sadly unappreciated and not rewarded. The same applies to charity, fundraisers and trustees. Yet again our Politicos get rewarded, it’s galling, yes he was successful with the first wave of the pandemic, but this years super screw up to end all screw ups and his total mess of the Steam Packet outbreak, seems to be rewarded. Deserved? Not really, but as he is going, he can have time to apply for grants, farming and other handouts. Former Chief Minister Allan Bell was awarded a CBE, not the best leader, loads of skeletons and proven criticism but by far a better CM. 

Discuss.

I haven't read the above. But you must be fucking seething.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I haven't read the above. But you must be fucking seething.

I bet there will be lots of happy people tomorrow all doffing their caps and toasting HRH The Chief Ministers good fortune, especially those at the Isle of Man Pride. Perhaps he has invited his mates Arleen and Edwin as Chief Guests for Tynpotwald Day. 

I reckon you must be celebrating. You may get an invite to have a cup of tea and a Mr Kipling fondant fancy at Government House, at the forthcoming reception before his investiture. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2112 said:

I bet there will be lots of happy people tomorrow all doffing their caps and toasting HRH The Chief Ministers good fortune, especially those at the Isle of Man Pride. Perhaps he has invited his mates Arleen and Edwin as Chief Guests for Tynpotwald Day. 

I reckon you must be celebrating. You may get an invite to have a cup of tea and a Mr Kipling fondant fancy at Government House, at the forthcoming reception before his investiture. 

I literally couldn't give a flying cluck but it would be worth Quayle being knighted if it made you spontaneously combust.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I literally couldn't give a flying cluck but it would be worth Quayle being knighted if it made you spontaneously combust.

There’s more of a chance of Baker getting a Knighthood.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I never feel comfortable when people get a gong just for doing their well paid job. 

If it helps to get rid of some of our most incompetent civil servants, part of a pay off, I’d be delighted. For services to the construction of Douglas Promenade…….

Theres a few comments on the Isle of Man Newspapers website. Surprisingly you can make comments and observation, usually their comments facilities do not allow comments.

Edited by 2112
  • Haha 1