HRH The Chief Minister gets a gong

32 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The irony of anonymously calling out anonymous people is presumably entirely lost on this individual. As is the fact not everyone here is anonymous. 

He's just posted another response, calling me out as a "dope-smoking racist" amongst other things. Only one of those accusations is true. His high propensity for neuroticism is verging on the psychotic. Truly a sick individual. He's even doing on that platform as he did here- creating different 'personalities' in a vainglorious attempt to add credibility to his ramblings, as in the 'D Ashford Int'l Superhero' persona and basically talking to himself. Gotta laugh... 

Edited by quilp
Int'l Superhero bit...

11 hours ago, 2112 said:

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece has announced that HRH The Chief Minister has been awarded a CBE in the Queens Birthday Honours, in recognition of his achievements in the Islands COVID 19 battle. Discuss.

Achievements?  You don't need them...

Edited by code99

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Looking at comments on Facebook a lot of the GMP think he has done a great job.

This is a pretty strong indicator of where the bar is set and why the Island is likely set for five more years of the same.

I find the amount of support absolutely shocking, has no one else been affected by the last 2 lockdowns? I think they did ok in 2020 given the level of unknowns but the two 2021 lockdowns were both completely avoidable, it seems we learnt nothing from 2020 at all.

Obviously my vision of things must be completely different to everyone else’s otherwise he wouldn’t be getting a CBE, No, I can’t do a better job myself, but there are others who can and I sincerely hope they get voted in this year.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Looking at comments on Facebook a lot of the GMP think he has done a great job.

This is a pretty strong indicator of where the bar is set and why the Island is likely set for five more years of the same.

Look at it from the context of the GMP's generally-recognised apathy towards matters politic, too...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Covid - things were relatively fine from the initial lockdown until after the first wave, but the second wave from January 2021 was the real killer. Stop Start Stop Start, uncertainty dithering and indecision.

There may have been less criticism if the promenade was finished, on time to budget, Liverpool Ferry Terminal wasn’t being a constant drain on the islands resources. The list is endless as is the government waste and largesse, the hangers on and the pet government favoured companies, who get preferential treatment or contracts.

Yes, It could have been a lot worse. We could have been taken over by Westminster. 

You make it  sound like other governments are different.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Though in your defence, you had a tough gig sticking up for him on here. He's less intelligent than you, a fact i expect you bore you wife about incessantly.

Well thank you.

Yes it has been tough sticking up for HQ, not because he doesn’t deserve it, but because it seems the majority of MF contributors refuse to acknowledge his achievements and those of his administration.

If these were focused upon as much as the occasional mistakes ( of which there inevitably will be some) he would be seen in a different light, as he is by the wider Manx public.

I’m not sure what has driven your last comment. It sounds rather cryptic.

However I can’t recall boring anyone incessantly about my level of intelligence being greater than HQ’s. Perhaps I should start.

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes it has been tough sticking up for HQ, not because he doesn’t deserve it, but because it seems the majority of MF contributors refuse to acknowledge his achievements and those of his administration.

Douglas Promenade.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Douglas Promenade.

Liverpool Ferry Terminal

IOM Civil Service Expansion 

And Im sure there are loads of other ‘achievements’ for example the total demolition of the Manx National Health Service - Record Waiting Lists, Squandered Funds, Too many Managers and not enough front line staff ………… I could go on. No NHS Dentistry, Over subscribed Podiatry services, provision only provided to over 65s, and benefit recipients. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Liverpool Ferry Terminal

IOM Civil Service Expansion 

And Im sure there are loads of other ‘achievements’ for example the total demolition of the Manx National Health Service - Record Waiting Lists, Squandered Funds, Too many Managers and not enough front line staff ………… I could go on.

No, please don't. It's monotonous. 

12 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh how lovely for Howard, richly deserved after all his hard work keeping the island safe despite all the doubters. You people just don't appreciate what he does in your name.

Sarcasm at its best.