Jump to content

HRH The Chief Minister gets a gong


2112
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No, please don't. It's monotonous. 

I and others are highlighting his achievements. Perhaps we should look at failures? It’s a critique of 5 years of a dying regime, and his record (which was shite - makes Kate Beecroft look brilliant) as Health Minister.

Douglas Promenade

Liverpool Ferry Terminal etc etc etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I and others are highlighting his achievements. Perhaps we should look at failures? It’s a critique of 5 years of a dying regime, and his record (which was shite - makes Kate Beecroft look brilliant) as Health Minister.

Douglas Promenade

Liverpool Ferry Terminal etc etc etc

Take a day off from being a bitter clown.

You didn't really answer my point either.  Can you highlight what it is the Isle of Man Government do, are doing or have done which isn't being replicated by other governments?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I and others are highlighting his achievements. Perhaps we should look at failures? It’s a critique of 5 years of a dying regime, and his record (which was shite - makes Kate Beecroft look brilliant) as Health Minister.

Douglas Promenade

Liverpool Ferry Terminal etc etc etc

Yes Douglas Promenade is being given a long overdue makeover after years of neglect by previous administrations.

The Steam Packet and its customers are getting a brand new dedicated Liverpool Ferry Terminal. Sure it will be over budget but most capital projects are. It’s not unique to the IOM

A properly remunerated Civil Service

Maintenance of the patient transfer facility in spite of all the challenges bought by Covid

Successful vaccination programme.

Introduction of same sex marriage

 

I could go on  

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes Douglas Promenade is being given a long overdue makeover after years of neglect by previous administrations.

The Steam Packet and its customers are getting a brand new dedicated Liverpool Ferry Terminal. Sure it will be over budget but most capital projects are. It’s not unique to the IOM

A properly remunerated Civil Service

Maintenance of the patient transfer facility in spite of all the challenges bought by Covid

Successful vaccination programme.

Introduction of same sex marriage

 

I could go on  

Please do.  (Same sex marriage was passed and in force before Quayle by the way)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Ok I’ll take your word for that one

I’d rather not go on if you don’t mind but I could ( maintaining a low tax economy, exploration of entering the medicinal cannabis industry and other innovations  etc) . Do your own research, it’s all out there

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ok I’ll take your word for that one

I’d rather not go on if you don’t mind but I could ( maintaining a low tax economy, exploration of entering the medicinal cannabis industry and other innovations  etc) . Do your own research, it’s all out there

Pretty sure non of those things are attributed to HQ!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It's probably more of a strong indicator that generally many people accept the Isle of Man isn't a bad place to live.  Which it clearly isn't. 

Out of interest, what problems exists here that are not existing with, say the UK government,  and their employees?

As for covid, certain things could definitely have been and be done better.  It could also have been a lot worse.  I think many people recognise this.

The UK is poorly run.

So is the Isle of Man.

in the latter case it is in plain sight how better it could be, and how easy it could be to achieve. That is the frustrating thing

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

The UK is poorly run.

So is the Isle of Man.

in the latter case it is in plain sight how better it could be, and how easy it could be to achieve. That is the frustrating thing

The Isle of Man is run for the benefit of the few always has been always will be.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

The UK is poorly run.

So is the Isle of Man.

in the latter case it is in plain sight how better it could be, and how easy it could be to achieve. That is the frustrating thing

So where is well run? Please let us know and we can all get the boat there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...