HRH The Chief Minister gets a gong

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No, please don't. It's monotonous. 

I and others are highlighting his achievements. Perhaps we should look at failures? It’s a critique of 5 years of a dying regime, and his record (which was shite - makes Kate Beecroft look brilliant) as Health Minister.

Douglas Promenade

Liverpool Ferry Terminal etc etc etc

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I and others are highlighting his achievements. Perhaps we should look at failures? It’s a critique of 5 years of a dying regime, and his record (which was shite - makes Kate Beecroft look brilliant) as Health Minister.

Douglas Promenade

Take a day off from being a bitter clown.

You didn't really answer my point either.  Can you highlight what it is the Isle of Man Government do, are doing or have done which isn't being replicated by other governments?

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Douglas Promenade

Yes Douglas Promenade is being given a long overdue makeover after years of neglect by previous administrations.

The Steam Packet and its customers are getting a brand new dedicated Liverpool Ferry Terminal. Sure it will be over budget but most capital projects are. It’s not unique to the IOM

A properly remunerated Civil Service

Maintenance of the patient transfer facility in spite of all the challenges bought by Covid

Successful vaccination programme.

Introduction of same sex marriage

I could go on  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes Douglas Promenade is being given a long overdue makeover after years of neglect by previous administrations.

The Steam Packet and its customers are getting a brand new dedicated Liverpool Ferry Terminal. Sure it will be over budget but most capital projects are. It’s not unique to the IOM

A properly remunerated Civil Service

Maintenance of the patient transfer facility in spite of all the challenges bought by Covid

Successful vaccination programme.

Introduction of same sex marriage

I could go on  

Please do.  (Same sex marriage was passed and in force before Quayle by the way)

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Ok I’ll take your word for that one

I’d rather not go on if you don’t mind but I could ( maintaining a low tax economy, exploration of entering the medicinal cannabis industry and other innovations  etc) . Do your own research, it’s all out there

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ok I’ll take your word for that one

I’d rather not go on if you don’t mind but I could ( maintaining a low tax economy, exploration of entering the medicinal cannabis industry and other innovations  etc) . Do your own research, it’s all out there

Pretty sure non of those things are attributed to HQ!

10 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It's probably more of a strong indicator that generally many people accept the Isle of Man isn't a bad place to live.  Which it clearly isn't. 

Out of interest, what problems exists here that are not existing with, say the UK government,  and their employees?

As for covid, certain things could definitely have been and be done better.  It could also have been a lot worse.  I think many people recognise this.

The UK is poorly run.

So is the Isle of Man.

in the latter case it is in plain sight how better it could be, and how easy it could be to achieve. That is the frustrating thing

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

The UK is poorly run.

So is the Isle of Man.

in the latter case it is in plain sight how better it could be, and how easy it could be to achieve. That is the frustrating thing

The Isle of Man is run for the benefit of the few always has been always will be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

The UK is poorly run.

So is the Isle of Man.

So where is well run? Please let us know and we can all get the boat there.

• Like 1