HRH The Chief Minister gets a gong

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

How so?

Easy really. Think about how the prom has been handled , multiple other cock ups. But get this , a population of about 80k thinks it is actually a country and installs a full governmental and expensive overseeing ‘parliament’ and pays them all a fortune including our CS , beggars belief really. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And replacing those democratically elected under universal suffrage with? 

I don’t think you have thought this through.

Increase the salary for MHKs so you attract decent candidates.

Have a major clear out of the civil service and bring in people with proven business experience and the ability to manage large projects, budgets, and change programs, instead of a long line of people who haven’t worked outside of iomg for decades.

Make much better use of the existing skills on island in the private sector rather than relying on the clowns in government - see 111 line, inability to manage a vaccine rollout, inability to project manage ……. Pretty much anything.

For starters.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And replacing those democratically elected under universal suffrage with? 

I don’t think you have thought this through.

I've thought it through plenty thanks! Just because decent candidate's are hard to come by doesn't mean we should give the ones we've got a fool's charter!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anyone said:

Easy really. Think about how the prom has been handled , multiple other cock ups. But get this , a population of about 80k thinks it is actually a country and installs a full governmental and expensive overseeing ‘parliament’ and pays them all a fortune including our CS , beggars belief really. 

That doesn’t answer Mr Flints question at all.

It is a nation and a country. There are many others with smaller populations. And as such  needs a government and an infrastructure,including a civil service to pay for. 

Oh, and sack off all the tinpot local governments.  Especially the screw up that is Douglas Borough Council.

Their wage bill alone must be more than a town in the UK with less than 90,000 people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It is a nation and a country. There are many others with smaller populations. And as such  needs a government and an infrastructure,including a civil service to pay dearly for. 

Fixed that for you.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It is a nation and a country. There are many others with smaller populations. And as such  needs a government and an infrastructure,including a civil service to pay for. 

Yup , but pretty much banana republics. IOM really should become part of the UK and stop pretending. However my guess is the UK don’t want us. 

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Oh, and sack off all the tinpot local governments.  Especially the screw up that is Douglas Borough Council.

Their wage bill alone must be more than a town in the UK with less than 90,000 people.

That’s just a wild guess to suit your own agenda. Have you any proof?

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That’s just a wild guess to suit your own agenda. Have you any proof?

Give over.

We are an island the same size and with the same infrastructure and civil service requirements as a small town.

I am sure I heard something like 1 in 3 of our working population are civil servants or employed by government or a town council.

That would be a joke if things got done properly, and they don’t.

So many people doing nothing all day on huge salaries and pensions who wouldn’t last five minutes in private industry or even an equivalent CS role in the UK.

• Like 3