HRH The Chief Minister gets a gong

3 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Is it though?

HS 2 was, in my opinion, the wrong way to go. A better spaff would be on developing effective metro systems to link villages that currently rely too much on the car to connect them with the cities and mainline stations.

The point i was making was that Trmptons "mates" were seemingly finding amusement in the money spent here on various things.

HS2 is just an example of a similar issue in the UK. I'm sure there are plenty more too.

20 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Never said it was did I?

So, how can you recoup something that isn't measurable?  Semantics, possibly, but if anyone thinks the shiny new prom is going to result in an increase in revenue to anyone is deluded.  The best to be hoped for is that the businesses that have been affected by the works can recover.  It is refurbishing an existing road, not a new road connecting two areas that hitherto had poor road connection.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

So, how can you recoup something that isn't measurable?  Semantics, possibly, but if anyone thinks the shiny new prom is going to result in an increase in revenue to anyone is deluded.  The best to be hoped for is that the businesses that have been affected by the works can recover.  It is refurbishing an existing road, not a new road connecting two areas that hitherto had poor road connection.

It should improve traffic wait times, thus reducing the amount of time people spend sat in their cars/vans/lorries and busses - more time earning and spending.

It should make people want to spend more time in town supporting local businesses.  

Both indirectly would put more money in government coffers.

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Oh I'm sure it will keep the likes of Carey's in clover for the rest of their days!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

You can't beat a little bit of the green eyed monster though.

No jealousy about it just pointing out constant remedial work will cost us a King's ransom!

What a lot of negative Nancys on here. Bitter bile filled fucktards.  If the Chinese knew they could extract bile so easily they'd let all those bears out of the cages.   The Island's response to COVID has been far better than a lot of jurisdictions.  All those bitter Manx crabs on here thinking they could do better - there's an election imminent get your name down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, chancer said:

What a lot of negative Nancys on here. Bitter bile filled fucktards.  If the Chinese knew they could extract bile so easily they'd let all those bears out of the cages.   The Island's response to COVID has been far better than a lot of jurisdictions.  All those bitter Manx crabs on here thinking they could do better - there's an election imminent get your name down. 

Who knows what might have been achieved, HQ had got a grip and closed the borders a couple of weeks before he did? Lots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, chancer said:

Now read his manifesto and let us know which of any points in there he actually achieved?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.marown.im/filemanager/Howard%20Quayle%202016%20Manifesto.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiZtpyMmJXxAhV0mVwKHXxTA_UQFjABegQIDhAC&usg=AOvVaw1sO2O7kQcZA67aPWtRUNnu

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:18 PM, Gladys said:

Isn't it almost automatic if you have held certain positions? 

TBH, I feel less bothered about this than other awards.  HQ is at the end of his political career.  Others are not, so there is more scope for over inflated egos to continue messing up. 

I thought so, I thought the previous CM Allan Bell was awarded his CBE after he left office, whilst HRH The Chief Minister was awarded his whilst in office. Why now and not later? Did people nominate him before he made his decision not to seek re-election in the hope the gong would advance that decision? 

3 hours ago, chancer said:

'Close the drawbridge' hardly takes the mental acuity of a global leader. Opening that drawbridge is the kicker, and, we've gotten that wrong before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1