Jump to content

NHS app data for Manx residents


ballaughbiker
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/14/2021 at 4:56 PM, John Wright said:

 

You don’t have to link. The info goes straight between the two. Except

1. it’s displayed differently snd more coherently on the NHS App.

2. More information appears on your NHS ( Covid apart ). Some third party non GP info, especially tests, appears on the NHS App and not on Patient Access. That’s generally because your GP makes the entries from EMIS to Patient Access which transfers to NHS. Certain non GP tests get uploaded direct to NHS App but don’t transfer to Patient Access.

3. Your vaccination record appears on both.

4. your Covid Vaccination passport on NHS App is sourced from a different, English NHS data base, called Pinnacle, that doesn’t currently receive or share IOM data, and has more info like type of vaccine, batch number.

 

Are you saying you didn't use the info from patient access (id number or whatever its called) to verify your identity for NHS app but did that verification some other way and your data was visible? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, momo65 said:

Are you saying you didn't use the info from patient access (id number or whatever its called) to verify your identity for NHS app but did that verification some other way and your data was visible? 

Just download it. The instructions are easy. You’ll need to be able to upload photo I’d ( passport ) and address confirmation. You need your NHS number. No codes or ID from GP or Patient Access.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Getting your NHS number is no problem just google how to get my NHS number and follow the instructions. 

Also, If you have any meds, your NHS number should be on the prescription slip from the chemist which accompanies them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gymbabe said:

Also, If you have any meds, your NHS number should be on the prescription slip from the chemist which accompanies them. 

It's also visible on patient access if you already have that. On mine it's shown in the contact details section of the account menu.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

...and if you only have an olde fashioned phone or do not have a phone at all the DHSC will give you one for free.

Like they do when you work for Government. And a lap top computer.

"cause you're worth it.

😘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Apple said:

...and if you only have an olde fashioned phone or do not have a phone at all the DHSC will give you one for free.

Like they do when you work for Government. And a lap top computer.

"cause you're worth it.

😘

Being linked into the same system that 'powers' the NHS App will also allow you to have a proof of vaccination letter generated and sent to you. I believe this letter has a unique QR code on it which can be scanned just as the QR code on the app itself is. You won't need a phone, but you will need to get online to generate the letter.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/covid-status-letter/

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Being linked into the same system that 'powers' the NHS App will also allow you to have a proof of vaccination letter generated and sent to you. I believe this letter has a unique QR code on it which can be scanned just as the QR code on the app itself is. You won't need a phone, but you will need to get online to generate the letter.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/covid-status-letter/

 

The App uses QR. The web generated letter uses a barcode. Or in UK you can ring 119. Not complicated, except for the moaning Minnies who want the NHS to give them a butler to do it on their behalf.

Bit like the census panic

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Does your vaccination history appear on the Patient Access app? We have a difference of opinion in our house about it.  I am getting the codes required from my group practice next week so I can  utilise the app.

It does - screenshot below - but not in the format that will likely be accepted as proof of vaccination and testing status. You will need the NHS app for that. The NHS app does most of what patient access does anyway. I ordered my last repeat prescription through the NHS app.

Screenshot_20210618-080532_Patient Access.jpg

Edited by madmanxpilot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Does your vaccination history appear on the Patient Access app? We have a difference of opinion in our house about it.  I am getting the codes required from my group practice next week so I can  utilise the app.

Yes. It does. It also appears on the NHS App, under immunisations. But there is a specific additional segment of the NHS App for the certificate/passport. Nothing appears there on the NHS App, for IOM residents, yet.

Screen shots - patient access first. NB. I only had one 2nd dose. Data Entry issue

 

898CCD9B-DB84-4499-A345-4CC095B26157.jpeg

9A3219CB-969C-432C-A048-1BB0A960B779.png

03FE8944-87DC-49EE-88D7-2EB9DF35F217.jpeg

31006F1C-CF66-4040-A340-D02647948B82.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are a number of NHS Apps in the Apple App Store. Is the relevant one that which is labelled ‘Access NHS Services in England’?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

There are a number of NHS Apps in the Apple App Store. Is the relevant one that which is labelled ‘Access NHS Services in England’?

 

4883D993-9DDA-4821-B9AC-73788351847D.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...