Onchan spends thousands on legal fees battling own member

Apple

22 minutes ago, Julie Edge (Onchan) said:

Unfortunately your not up to speed with Local news article in Examiner. I can’t link it sorry! 

Hi Julie, Can you tell us what is happening then instead? 

26 minutes ago, Apple said:

Hi Julie, Can you tell us what is happening then instead? 

It doesn’t add anything to what’s been posted on here. In fact she/the papers probably got it from here.

If I was a cynical as Apple I might say It was an excuse to get her name and photo in the papers without incurring election expenditure.

7FFCB770-682B-4F19-AA53-8C736360874E.jpeg

Thanks for posting.

Loved the bit about a meeting to address the public's concerns - what about any MHK's concerns?  Are there any, if so what are they specifically.

There is more to these events than this as already referred to in a post on here. The costs issue is a separate matter I understand. That wouldn't get the CEO suspended.

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

If I was a cynical as Apple I might say It was an excuse to get her name and photo in the papers without incurring election expenditure.

To be fair people can't complain about the local MHKs having nothing to say and then object when they do, even if it isn't anything much.  But I think she's right to point to the sheer lack of professionalism as being the most striking thing here.  Of course now having no Clerk, they've had to call in Callin Wild to run the election for them at even more expense.Despite Julie Edge's fears the election has ended up being contested though:election-notice-(after-validation)-election-2021-jpg.jpg

Though only just with eight for seven places.  Allen, Crellin, Turton and Williams were all on the previous Board and David Quirk joined them in the by-election.   Neither Chris Quirk or Martin Macfarlane are standing again (rather worryingly a lot of younger Commissioners are dropping out).  Lewin and Logan are new and Nigel Dobson is Nigel Dobson. 

What is bullying?

Is it kneeing a commissioner in the Balls saying, 'you will vote for my pay increase'? Is it shouting at a Binman for taking a day off without telling her?

Is it psychological undermining of person to further her own position or ego?

I thing the Onchan ratepayers are entitled to know?

On 7/1/2021 at 8:36 PM, Kopek said:

thing the Onchan ratepayers are entitled to know?

Why, what rights do they have in this regard.

Anyway, it's just a repeat of the same. 

Heard from "man in pub"...

Has this got anything to do with an altercation in the park that may have been reported to the bobbies ?

Very interesting that Crellin and Allan are granny farming together.  Safety in numbers?

From my experience as a young girl in Onchan, Crellin was a terrible policeman.  Constant bullying and  harassment of the youngsters, no attempt made to actually talk to them. 

The handling of that poor woman's death by the park speaks volumes about their ability to represent the people of onchan.

I fear for the youngster candidates if they manage to get voted in.