Onchan spends thousands on legal fees battling own member

Apple

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I think you've maybe misunderstood or RC has misrepresented how it translates to rate payer costs.  

Mr Callister on Onchan residents FB "I won’t comment on the original post, other than saying that £7,000 of expenditure represents around 1p on everyone’s rates in Onchan, which is an interesting thought...." 

He doesn't go on to say why it is an interesting thought.

He is another Interesting thought, why has he never said anything about how much was spent on social housing when he was a commissioner.

That is why I agree for the need for absolute transparency.

31 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Mr Callister on Onchan residents FB "I won’t comment on the original post, other than saying that £7,000 of expenditure represents around 1p on everyone’s rates in Onchan, which is an interesting thought...." 

He is another Interesting thought, why has he never said anything about how much was spent on social housing when he was a commissioner.

Does he really believe there are 700,000 rated properties in Onchan? 

If he does he’s dafter than he looks.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Holte End said:

...because someone else had it before him ?

Has he signed a non disclosure agreement as well then. 

Onchan sounds an interesting place to live.....not.

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

What isnt transparent  on how much is spent on social housing ( either now or when RC was involved)?

35 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What isnt transparent  on how much is spent on social housing ( either now or when RC was involved)?

Do other local authorities /

I think Douglas do, not sure about anywhere else though.

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

You couldn’t make this up really. Onchan must really be the centre of island life. A warring and out of control local authority. Perhaps Government should send in a local authority fix it squad to put right all Onchans issues. More issues than a big issue seller.

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

You couldn’t make this up really. Onchan must really be the centre of island life. A warring and out of control local authority. Perhaps Government should send in a local authority fix it squad to put right all Onchans issues. More issues than a big issue seller.

As local authorities report to the DoI it would be their responsibility to bring in a hit squad. Given their record at fixing things it is probably best if they leave Onchan well alone.

• Haha 1