Onchan spends thousands on legal fees battling own member

Apple

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Who - the subject of this discussion or someone else?

In my opinion it all started when Quayle became Health Minister and bringing Charters in that set the tone. According to rumour...  the New Zealand trip was largely a farce.  Quayle then became Chief and then he put Beecroft in there after she had been a Department member. 

Since then some people have behaved as though they had both impunity and immunity. And as for mental health then in my opinion look no further than the last COO who was asked ...ahem...to retire .... was it suddenly ?

The dismissive tones, obsfucation and downright arrogance of some complaint responses I have seen do not reflect well on parts of the Department. As Bill Shimmin said, it is not fit for purpose. So what have they done "Immediately" about it. people do not stop having poor experiences or feel the need to complain just because the politicians are going on holidays. In my eye Its neglectful to wait until November to get it fixed. (suddenly they want to "get it right" -rubbish !)

For an island this size of population and the resources that we have thrown away in trying to bring the DHSC 'into the light' is absurd. The damage and harm to people along the way was not necessary. Against this backdrop I do not think every patient and family has been unaffected but the machinations going on behind the scenes.

And (some of) the politicians have sat on their hands and watched it all from the safety of their 'influential' sedentary positions. 

And as for Cope, she has already demonstrated to me that she may be a strong leader but I wonder if she has the capacity to be as open and honest with the people as they all profess they will be. I do not hold out much hope now.

There have been poor recruitment and retention appointments, clinical staff upset and leavers, people marched accompanied out of Nobles, pay offs, tales of bullying (the Tinwell case is the worst I have ever heard) and some stories of clinical errors, not to mention the administration errors and the long waiting lists. It is a long list I'm afraid as others have also pointed out. There is still more to come I think but not into the public domain.

The DHSC / Manx Care has lost the moral trust of many people I speak with and it will have to work extremely hard to restore that. The outsiders brought in will no doubt be focussed on the reduction in costs which the politicians and past managers did not have the courage or the experience or the patient skills to achieve. 

Wait for the prescription charge rises that were tried by Ashford and then pulled due to the public outcry. Manx Care will no doubt have this easy step on their agenda, as well as much more use of volunteers and charities or community based assets in future by using them for cheaper staffing costs and information gathering.)

There are still several heads that could be removed in my book who have proved to be useless in my experience.

Sorry Boo but you did ask.....:flowers:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Apple said:

In my opinion it all started when Quayle became Health Minister and bringing Charters in that set the tone. According to rumour...  the New Zealand trip was largely a farce.  Quayle then became Chief and then he put Beecroft in there after she had been a Department member. 

Since then some people have behaved as though they had both impunity and immunity. And as for mental health then in my opinion look no further than the last COO who was asked ...ahem...to retire .... was it suddenly ?

The dismissive tones, obsfucation and downright arrogance of some complaint responses I have seen do not reflect well on parts of the Department. As Bill Shimmin said, it is not fit for purpose. So what have they done "Immediately" about it. people do not stop having poor experiences or feel the need to complain just because the politicians are going on holidays. In my eye Its neglectful to wait until November to get it fixed. (suddenly they want to "get it right" -rubbish !)

For an island this size of population and the resources that we have thrown away in trying to bring the DHSC 'into the light' is absurd. The damage and harm to people along the way was not necessary. Against this backdrop I do not think every patient and family has been unaffected but the machinations going on behind the scenes.

And (some of) the politicians have sat on their hands and watched it all from the safety of their 'influential' sedentary positions. 

And as for Cope, she has already demonstrated to me that she may be a strong leader but I wonder if she has the capacity to be as open and honest with the people as they all profess they will be. I do not hold out much hope now.

There have been poor recruitment and retention appointments, clinical staff upset and leavers, people marched accompanied out of Nobles, pay offs, tales of bullying (the Tinwell case is the worst I have ever heard) and some stories of clinical errors, not to mention the administration errors and the long waiting lists. It is a long list I'm afraid as others have also pointed out. There is still more to come I think but not into the public domain.

The DHSC / Manx Care has lost the moral trust of many people I speak with and it will have to work extremely hard to restore that. The outsiders brought in will no doubt be focussed on the reduction in costs which the politicians and past managers did not have the courage or the experience or the patient skills to achieve. 

Wait for the prescription charge rises that were tried by Ashford and then pulled due to the public outcry. Manx Care will no doubt have this easy step on their agenda, as well as much more use of volunteers and charities or community based assets in future by using them for cheaper staffing costs and information gathering.)

There are still several heads that could be removed in my book who have proved to be useless in my experience.

Sorry Boo but you did ask.....:flowers:

Interesting insight, thank you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Onchan Commissioners has an embarrassment of Quirks.  In many senses.

You could not be more wrong. He’s not the problem, those that were elected prior to Quirky joining are the problem. Let’s hope the do not get voted back in

10 hours ago, Peter Layman said:

You could not be more wrong. He’s not the problem, those that were elected prior to Quirky joining are the problem. Let’s hope the do not get voted back in

He is very much one of the problems but you are correct in saying he is not the main problem. Onchan's (and other areas) biggest issue is that people are not putting themselves forward for Commissioners. People probably think it is a full time role with a lot more to it than there actually is.

Conversely some of those running seem to want to actually make it a full time role to give themselves something to do or, as I have mentioned previously, to use it as a springboard to MHK.

The solution? Encourage confident competent friends and neighbours to run or run yourself.

• Like 1

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_682852.html

Oh what a tangled web we weave...sounds horrendous there.

The waste of time, effort, energy. and money, Why do the ratepayers put up with it as they can not be happy at all these events.

More importantly, why do the current MHKs not make vocal comments on behalf of the people they purport to represent.

Perturbed by the comments posted before about family members of Commissioners being involved as well. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Apple said:

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_682852.html

Oh what a tangled web we weave...sounds horrendous there.

The waste of time, effort, energy. and money, Why do the ratepayers put up with it as they can not be happy at all these events.

More importantly, why do the current MHKs not make vocal comments on behalf of the people they purport to represent.

Perturbed by the comments posted before about family members of Commissioners being involved as well. 

Seems it’s still toxic, Clerk on suspension in a bully case 

1 hour ago, buncha wankas said:

I was told that it is more complicated than that.

The question is though that if as suggested above there were any concerns beforehand then why on earth did they appoint her ? Did the councillors recruit her or was it an outside agency. Do they actually know what they are doing there when they appoint? Do they not have an HR person? 

Crazy. More waste.

13 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

Cherry gave a pretty damning interview on radio this morning. About time OC were disbanded and start again

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Cherry gave a pretty damning interview on radio this morning. About time OC were disbanded and start again

Why stop at OC? Few of these LA's have a good record, PSM, DBC to name but two more little empires with dubious use of ratepayers best in recent times, there'll be more too with not too much digging.

The whole lot needs overhauling or clearing out but with the DOI as the umbrella organisation, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That's kind of happening with the election. 

Or not as it happens.  There's no election if there's not enough candidates - of course this happened in Onchan last time as in many other places.  We'll find out from later today, but would you put yourself forward to go in that bearpit?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That's kind of happening with the election. 

No it's not, the election gives these idiots an opportunity to be elected again. Given the shite turnout of voters in LA elections, this could happen.