Stop the felling of the St Marks Elms

Amadeus

33 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

If howard had bumped into you that morning and asked "do you think the shoes and the suit go?" How would you have answered? 

"Lessons must be learned." ;-)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So Hospicegate turned out to be a bit of a damp squib for the Howard Haters. 

Ok then let’s have a go at his choice of footwear. Because that’s really what being a Chief Minister is all about.

If that doesn’t work we can always criticize the pattern on his tie.

It’s not the first time I’ve criticised his dress sense. I was told never to mix a pattern tie with a pattern shirt which I’ve seen him do, also a pin stripe suit with a pattern shirt would also be a no, it can look ok but you need to be careful, particularly with the direction of the stripes.

If you look at the other gentleman in the photo they look like they’ve dressed for the occasion, Howard looks like he’s got dressed quickly in the dark. I think you’re wrong about it not making a difference, how you dress does have an impact on peoples first impressions and a CM should be setting an example, if you can’t be arsed to present yourself properly what does that say about yourself?
Dress standards have already dropped in the likes of the Police force for example and people say it doesn’t matter, well I disagree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

This is why Cregeen did his silly pointing at trees act, which this was about.  Of course rather than emphasise the uniqueness of the trees and the unnecessary nature of the application, he concentrated on "Why didn't anyone tell me (even though it's my job to know these things".  Which is why we ignored it until Watson started his petition and MWT started publicising. 

If this is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt it) then we have reached a new plateau in the island's politics. Sad.

That area of the island is wonderful, my children used to love it when we drove down there (witches wood they called it).

Wonder how long it will be before someone wants to build a helipad??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

If howard had bumped into you that morning and asked "do you think the shoes and the suit go?" How would you have answered? 

I’d have said, no not really mate, they’d probably go better with your jeans when you go down the pub, but it depends where your off to.

Edited by Annoymouse

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So Hospicegate turned out to be a bit of a damp squib for the Howard Haters. 

Ok then let’s have a go at his choice of footwear. Because that’s really what being a Chief Minister is all about.

If that doesn’t work we can always criticize the pattern on his tie.

Why is he wearing a clowns outfit? They wear colourful patterned ties and have weird uncoordinated shoes.

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

f howard had bumped into you that morning and asked "do you think the shoes and the suit go?" How would you have answered? 

"Yes, and the sooner the better".

• Haha 3

The man is there to be ridiculed, a joke and a half. The next Chief Minister office holder can only be an improvement, as the current standard has set the bar so low. 

Whilst I appreciate that HRH The Chief Minister may have attended KWC as a schoolboy, as Chief Minister has he attended any of the Islands Secondary Schools Annual Prize Giving events? Come to think of it has the LG attended either?

34 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

VoR would have said " get out of the bathroom, it's my turn".:w00t:

I always thought he was colourblind and couldn't tell the difference between black and brown   you can put a pig in a saville row suit , but sadly its still a pig !

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Whilst I appreciate that HRH The Chief Minister may have attended KWC as a schoolboy, as Chief Minister has he attended any of the Islands Secondary Schools Annual Prize Giving events? Come to think of it has the LG attended either?

The LG (and for that matter the Bishop) are both ex-officio member of the Council of Bishop Barrow's Foundation.  I suppose Quayle is there as terrible warning of what will happen if you don't go to University and get yourself an education.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Apple said:

If this is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt it) then we have reached a new plateau in the island's politics. Sad.

That area of the island is wonderful, my children used to love it when we drove down there (witches wood they called it).

Wonder how long it will be before someone wants to build a helipad??

So Cregeen didn't have the balls to call out the folly of the decision and that of the politicos involved but saw this as hedging his bets with the electorate. Hopefully he's toast as well come September. Only problem is I'm not sure who has declared South apart from Tim Glover and a complete lunatic.

18 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

While we're at it the Fairy Bridge Road needs some attention to remove dead trees. 

Well, you certainly weren't wrong about that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is worth reading the whole application documents,  I was particularly taken by the email exchange between the department and architects which is listed under 'application details (APL) all documents'