Stop the felling of the St Marks Elms

Amadeus

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Dutch elm disease almost just seems to be a case of if not when, I’ll be surprised if there is any left at the current rate they’re coming down.

Wait til people WAKE UP to what Ash Dieback is currently doing to our countryside.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I doubt you could even identify an elm tree.

Fancy answering the question about what the actual issue is rather than deflecting?

Plus, it’s 2021 so not my place to identify anything.  The poor tree can identify as whatever it likes these days.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Wait til people WAKE UP to what Ash Dieback is currently doing to our countryside.

Agreed, there's already lots of very broad stumps that are testimony to that.

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Fancy answering the question about what the actual issue is rather than deflecting?

Plus, it’s 2021 so not my place to identify anything.  The poor tree can identify as whatever it likes these days.

It doesn't need an answer (because it is obvious) and especially to someone who clearly does't know a thing about the subject.

Also, the 'we can chop these down cos we're planting some more' is like manx gas telling you their gas is green

• Haha 2

I used to take a detour a couple of times a year just to drive through the elm tunnel. 100 trees to be felled apparently. Anyone that expected more from jethro should be shot on sight. Someone on here must have voted for him. Identify yourselves

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, trmpton said:

Because they are historically significant. People actually go to Ireland to see something similar. Same goes for a stretch of beech tree hedge near Perth in Scotland. Just because some wealthy knob wants to build a new driveway they should be cut down? They are going absolutely no harm to the road or the ability for vehicles to travel along it. It's simply not necessary and you are as usual looking to create an argument for no reason.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Never understood why in this day and age visibility splays on things like this are even needed especially with the trees here involved.

Modern CCTV and outdoor monitors is all it needs, that and sensors in the road if you want to do belt and buckle.

• Like 1

The petition is approaching 5000 names already and at a rate of knots too (started by Devon Watson I see).

We should file The Baron and his Dept's decision on this along with his suggestion to bring in the game birds for shooting, with luck it'll have the same result.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Never understood why in this day and age visibility splays on things like this are even needed especially with the trees here involved.

Modern CCTV and outdoor monitors is all it needs, that and sensors in the road if you want to do belt and buckle.

How long would it take the trees to counter the carbon footprint of the design, build, shipping, manufacture and installation of that lot?

There has probably been more power consumed just in the planning process, and people debating it online than they cancel out in years already.

I honestly don’t get it.  It’s just some old trees?

9 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Clearly because it's Barrowman people will immediately start whining and nudge nudge wink winking but it appears that every man and his dog has had their tuppence worth on this one.

Is this Barrowman?  This is Ballavarvane Farm - I think his property is Ballakew on the other side of the road.

• Like 1