Stop the felling of the St Marks Elms

Amadeus

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Brown envelopes? Sorry, just so we are clear, you're suggesting people were bribed to get this through?  

Yep, the fact that the planners and the government willingly over look their own policies and commitments time and time again for developers and or HNWI someones getting paid somewhere.

The area plans for example have consistently said the rate of immigration to the island does not warrant the level of house building undertaken or planned but yet the developers can stick 25 new homes on a greenfield site without much problem.

Funny that.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Yep, the fact that the planners and the government willingly over look their own policies and commitments time and time again for developers and or HNWI someones getting paid somewhere.

The area plans for example have consistently said the rate of immigration to the island does not warrant the level of house building undertaken or planned but yet the developers can stick 25 new homes on a greenfield site without much problem.

Funny that.

There is a lot of demonising of developers and foreign investors buying up the properties they build thus forcing up house prices and/or leading to too much greenbelt development.

However, what gets overlooked are the greedy landowners that have profiteered from the selling of such land to developers. These are good old "Manx as the Hills" landowner/farmers who are quite happy to feather their nests in this way...but they don't seem to attract the flack.

So the next time everyone is up in arms at the next tranche of Dandara development we should perhaps bear in mind that they haven't magicked this land up from nowhere, a  Manxie has sold it to them.

• Thanks 5

36 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

This is Quayle's constituency we're talking about & he is keen for greenfield development

No it isn't it's in ACM, specifically North Malew.  It's not far outside the boundary with Santon (and hence Middle), but it's definitely on the Malew side.

This is why Cregeen did his silly pointing at trees act, which this was about.  Of course rather than emphasise the uniqueness of the trees and the unnecessary nature of the application, he concentrated on "Why didn't anyone tell me (even though it's my job to know these things".  Which is why we ignored it until Watson started his petition and MWT started publicising. 

• Like 1

So far nobody has mentioned anything relating to Climate Change Emergency. Every MHK and his dog claim that this is No1 issue which needs to be addressed by the next administration. We have HRH The Chief Minister and other clowns lolling their tongues out like a red carpet to Professor Currant Bun, all trying to impress like they are top student. Replanting trees isn’t the same, it will take years to replicate what is being chopped down. Perhaps a proper and totally impartial arborist should be commissioned to do a report to see what requires removal and what doesn’t, and what can be saved.

A second issue being if we continue to chop down trees willy nilly, our biosphere status may be taken away. Liverpool Waterfront may lose its UNESCO status due to its controversial development. We are forever told by IOMG Propaganda that the Biosphere status is unique and it’s a big feather in the cap of IOMG.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It's certainly kicked up a bit of a furore. One can only hope these trees don't mysteriously burn down overnight.

I hope they take the budgie out of them first.

2 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

you're right but what is equally worthwhile is in the eyes of the beholder 

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Ultimately, what is more worthwhile than protecting the lifeboat we all cling to.

Well as an example, I’d expect the petition for tougher sentences handed out for sexual assaults, in particular the sentences given to Peadophiles would of been more important, I think that reached about 5k in a week and tailed off rather quickly.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

No it isn't it's in ACM, specifically North Malew.  It's not far outside the boundary with Santon (and hence Middle), but it's definitely on the Malew side.

This is why Cregeen did his silly pointing at trees act, which this was about.  Of course rather than emphasise the uniqueness of the trees and the unnecessary nature of the application, he concentrated on "Why didn't anyone tell me (even though it's my job to know these things".  Which is why we ignored it until Watson started his petition and MWT started publicising. 

I thought the boundary line was where the trees ended and the road turned up to St Marks 

image.png.8123c479f29ce43c939b2b688453fb7e.png

Map doesn't show the Church so it's a bit of a job to tell

Edited by SleepyJoe

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

It's certainly kicked up a bit of a furore. One can only hope these trees don't mysteriously burn down overnight.

You mean a visit at night from the Mad Manxman!