Stop the felling of the St Marks Elms

Amadeus

I read Perkins justification for the planning approval, it's basically the same old chestnut as the airport original waste of cash justification ! Safety suddenly safety is always the buzzword !

Amazing really how trees hundreds of years old suddenly present a sight hazard for safety, and runways become too short because we need to splurge cash on the airport and safety is the primary driver.

Safety my arse !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

I read Perkins justification for the planning approval, it's basically the same old chestnut as the airport original waste of cash justification ! Safety suddenly safety is always the buzzword !

If I was the HNW I’d have had the chainsaw out already. There’s little they can do by way of petition now it’s passed and even if they levied a fine if they change it retrospectively he can afford it. The lane at the side of St Marks village isn’t wide enough to take the Ferrari.

31 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

If I was the HNW I’d have had the chainsaw out already. There’s little they can do by way of petition now it’s passed and even if they levied a fine if they change it retrospectively he can afford it. The lane at the side of St Marks village isn’t wide enough to take the Ferrari.

There are rumours of a sizeable green field property development by an HNWI & with a large local firm of architects being involved

4 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

This is Quayle's constituency we're talking about & he is keen for greenfield development

He seems somewhat confused about colours. How KWC must despair when one of its most notable alumni can't even manage to put the right pair of shoes on. Could somebody not have had a quiet word?

[Edit] Or have found something in the lost property locker, at least for the school photo?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=62435&headline=KWC students 'rose to the challenge'&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

Edited by Yibble

38 minutes ago, asitis said:

Amazing really how trees hundreds of years old suddenly present a sight hazard for safety, and runways become too short because we need to splurge cash on the airport and safety is the primary driver.

Safety my arse !

Couldn't agree more, the safety bullshit is obvious. Perkins says there have been accidents in the area but the plans on the planning website show that no alterations will be made to the original so called "unsafe" junction so how the fuck is that going to make anything more safe?  They want to create a new junction further down the road which can be the safest junction on planet earth but if you leave the original in place you haven't improved anything. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

I thought the boundary line was where the trees ended and the road turned up to St Marks 

No the Santon Burn is further East:

image.png.bfc9f6bc438aa1a677c3e50db0bf7f8b.png

The red line is the parish/constituency boundary.  Presumably following the line of where the river was long ago rather than today.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Boot says stop the killing, in a clear attempt to save his seat.

Boot is screwed out west.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

There are rumours of a sizeable green field property development by an HNWI & with a large local firm of architects being involved

It’s not especially tricky to work out who lives in the immediate vicinity who currently has fairly poor access road to their multi million pound residence.

13 minutes ago, Yibble said:

He seems somewhat confused about colours. How KWC must despair when one of its most notable alumni can't even manage to put the right pair of shoes on. Could somebody not have had a quiet word?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=62435&headline=KWC students 'rose to the challenge'&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

Those shoes are essentially a badge that says “I’m fucking clueless”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Like the stripes on a wasp, it's a warning from nature itself that says, "I'd advise you to steer well clear of this fucker!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Shows individuality and a determination not to just follow the crowd.

Admirable quality which should be applauded. We need people like this. 

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Shows individuality and a determination not to just follow the crowd.

Admirable quality which should be applauded. We need people like this

Especially when you're visiting the Netherlands next.

• Haha 2