Druggy dealers' dilemma

Barlow

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I think there’s an element of truth with what you are saying. My second point is I think by over egging things, the Chief Cuntstable is trying to both seek more funding, bring attention to issues which exist but aren’t as bad as what he is making out and trying to steer the debate towards the policies that he and the police would like - eg border force, more fancy toys etc. 

There may well be an element of over-egging going on, who knows?   It was recently reported that controlled drugs seizures had increased during the pandemic - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-57672595 - which now might present a clearer picture of the scale of offending.  The scale may have been known to police already and for a long time possibly.  Now everybody knows.  It's debatable whether or not the Isle of Man has a controlled drugs problem, when compared to anywhere in the UK.   Nevertheless, the recent increase in seizures over here would tend to suggest that a problem does indeed exist here.  In view of that, it might seem reasonable for the Chief Constable to seek extra resources in an effort to try and combat it.        

Posted (edited)

On 6/30/2021 at 12:22 PM, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Have you got a link to it, rather than an abridged Google screenshot?

No link, as a considerable amount of Isle of Man Newspapers data became unavailable.

Here's the clipping from the newspaper though:

Deemster Doyle: "Keep away from people involved in drugs. They are violent, dangerous and evil people"

1313615132_20060714IMIp05Doyledrugsdangerousviolentevilpeople0022.thumb.jpg.32c31d8873f5e55fbde9989b29687021.jpg

Edited by Barlow

2 hours ago, Peter Layman said:

Rubbish, we have a youngster working for us who came in wearing a very, very expensive watch that belonged to his late grandfather. This lad is not involved in "nefarious activities"

I said might

The point I was really trying to make was the continued "demonisation" of young people. 

First it was the spread of Covid, now some of them are drug mules. 

What next - responsible for Global warming?

Mind you, we can blame them for the faults or otherwise of  the Government if they all turn up to vote. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Apple said:

The point I was really trying to make was the continued "demonisation" of young people. 

Mind you, we can blame them for the faults or otherwise of  the Government if they all turn up to vote. 

Indirectly then yes, very much to blame for global warming.

When we had our first child I had to turn the heating up from 18 degrees to 21 degrees to keep them comfortable when they came home from the very warm, also to blame, hospital. 

Multiply that by the number of births word wide and there is our problem.

- Kids, should be banned or taxed ........... 🙂 

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Barlow said:

No link, as a considerable amount of Isle of Man Newspapers data became unavailable.

Deemster Doyle: "Keep away from people involved in drugs. They are violent, dangerous and evil people"

1313615132_20060714IMIp05Doyledrugsdangerousviolentevilpeople0022.thumb.jpg.32c31d8873f5e55fbde9989b29687021.jpg

Ah, involved with, is a very different term to 'people using'.

You could easily argue the evil of the kingpins, as I highlighted before. Look at the harm the cartels do,

The evils of some poor bloke with a condom full of heroin up his bottom are maybe a bit of a harder sell.

1 hour ago, Apple said:

The thing is this is an issue, nobody is blaming kids for becoming mules it's the opposite they are trying to stop it from getting to that point. 

9 hours ago, Barlow said:

'and they all lived happily ever after'  .......................................................... when does the book come out ?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So, little old Doris who smokes a bit of weed for her multiple sclerosis is evil?

That's an interesting perspective.

I don't think that's what @Barlowmeant.

What he said has truth to it. Whether you're spending £500 on coke every weekend or if you're obtaining a bit of weed for enjoyment or relief, you're buying into an illegal industry and contributing to the ongoing organised crime circuit. It's the reason why many normally law-abiding, decent people feel so conflicted about their drug of choice. No-one decent wants to contribute to organised crime, but millions are doing it every day because what they want to do is illegal and so they have no choice but to contribute to a side of society that they'd really rather not have to buy into. This applies to little old Doris as well as all the others.

Edited by Roxanne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

This applies to little old Doris as well as all the others.

Where does Doris live ...I er,.....need to talk to her about...something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today’s offering on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning is about the police joining force with the Border Force using the islands patrol vessel and patrolling the waters of the island. Well we did have a fisheries vessel until ex MHK Gawne gave it to Sierra Leone. I’m the Chief Cuntstable has his eye on a new must have toy.