Druggy dealers' dilemma

Barlow

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 10:10 AM, Roger Mexico said:

[1]  Which, apart from anything else, suggests the posties are better at stopping drugs getting through than the coppers.  From the  number of cases that appeared in the media, you'd reckon the most reliable way of getting high in the last year was hanging round the Sorting Office.

Brilliantly accurate.  I wonder what the police would do with their time if any of this was legalised/decriminalised? They do seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time going for the low hanging fruit - teenagers with a small bag of weed. 

21 hours ago, Barlow said:

Deemster Doyle: "Keep away from people involved in drugs. They are violent, dangerous and evil people"

Nice of him to say, it seems he know the demographic very well.  International drugs kingpins vs someone who likes the occasional joint.  I'd concede I might be dangerous (more of an absence of H&S), but calling me evil and violent is a bit of a stretch. 

This perfectly highlights the problem of tarring everyone with the same brush.  Doris isn't exactly Pablo Escobar is she - but Mr Doyle seems to think they are comparable.

15 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So, little old Doris who smokes a bit of weed for her multiple sclerosis is evil?

That's an interesting perspective.

I'd like to think that Doris has some gardening skills.... 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Nice of him to say, it seems he know the demographic very well.  International drugs kingpins vs someone who likes the occasional joint.  I'd concede I might be dangerous (more of an absence of H&S), but calling me evil and violent is a bit of a stretch. 

This perfectly highlights the problem of tarring everyone with the same brush.  Doris isn't exactly Pablo Escobar is she - but Mr Doyle seems to think they are comparable.

This was part of what I was trying to say. You've hit the tone well.

Doyle is an arse but he wielded a hell of a lot of power on this Island and the establishment hung on to his every utterance (and then for reasons that will never be fully known he returned to private practice, but that is another matter).

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Today’s offering on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning is about the police joining force with the Border Force using the islands patrol vessel and patrolling the waters of the island. Well we did have a fisheries vessel until ex MHK Gawne gave it to Sierra Leone. I’m the Chief Cuntstable has his eye on a new must have toy. 

When exactly did they give Barrule away?

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Today’s offering on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning is about the police joining force with the Border Force using the islands patrol vessel and patrolling the waters of the island. Well we did have a fisheries vessel until ex MHK Gawne gave it to Sierra Leone. I’m the Chief Cuntstable has his eye on a new must have toy. 

Do you have a link to Gawne giving that vessel away?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I'd assumed you agreed with Doyle? 

No. I am not that naive.

His outlandish and caricatured homily bolstered up a particular angle of the argument. It allows everyone to further understand what and why are the views of the powers that be on the Isle of Man, regarding drugs.

Edited by Barlow

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

2112 intimated that we don't have a fishery vessel any longer.  We do.  And it hasn't been given away to Sierra Leone.

Come on Fatchecker! It was donated by Phil Gawne MHK pre 2016, unless you think I’m lying, or it’s not fitting in with your narrative. If we only had a customs boat, a proper boat, something with plenty of room for the show pony police and the Chief Cuntstable. Perhaps IOMG could get the South Korean shipyard that the Steam Packet are getting their new ship built, to build us a Frigate for the new Manx Navy? After all it may make the criminal fraternity in Liverpool think twice.

Edited by 2112

Posted (edited)

Read the above! You say it hasn’t been given away. According to the linked article it was donated. What does donate mean? Give away for Fuck all - no consideration, no money - charitable act.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Come on Fatchecker! It was donated by Phil Gawne MHK pre 2016, unless you think I’m lying, or it’s not fitting in with your narrative. If we only had a customs boat, a proper boat, something with plenty of room for the show pony police and the Chief Cuntstable. Perhaps IOMG could get the South Korean shipyard that the Steam Packet are getting their new ship built, to build us a Frigate for the new Manx Navy? After all it may make the criminal fraternity in Liverpool think twice.

No amount of editing will change what you said above.

You stated "Well we did have......."  thereby intimating we no longer have a fisheries vessel.  When we clearly do.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Read the above! You say it hasn’t been given away. According to the linked article it was donated. What does donate mean? Give away for Fuck all - no consideration, no money - charitable act.

There might be confusion here.

Image one is the 'Barrule,' which might still be in service.

Image two is the vessel Gawne donated to Sierra Leone, which may or may not be still afloat... 

download.jpeg

getvideoimage.jpeg

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Ah, more editing.

Read your own post.  You said "well we did have a fisheries vessel ......".

We still do (you are intimating we do not). Nothing Gawne did has changed that.