Jump to content

Euro 2020


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, HeliX said:

There's no requirement for it to be both hands in NFL (and Chiellini also tried for both hands but missed!). 

The foul was flagrant and dangerous. Ought to have been red.

England lost. get over yourself

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HeliX said:

There's no requirement for it to be both hands in NFL (and Chiellini also tried for both hands but missed!). 

The foul was flagrant and dangerous. Ought to have been red.

Behave.

It was a yellow.  Cynical etc. But a yellow.

The tackle on Grealish was more likely a red.  Amazed it wasn't reviewed.  The Italian rolling around when completely unhurt helped.

Great tournament from England.  I suppose if someone had said to Southgate you won't lose a game, go all way and only concede twice he would take it.

Fine margins.  A couple of things can be taken from the tournament but England are now legitimate contenders for major tournaments.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

England got what they deserved. Nothing. 2 ageing albeit still class centre backs, keep harry kane on so that italy can camp in the england half. They couldn't have done that with pace up front facing them. Southgate is an arse, this is the man that took grealish off and played for the corner flag when denmark were down to 10 men. No adventure, no sympathy

Edited by the stinking enigma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Grealish was Spanish or indeed another nationality he’d be one of the first to be picked like an Xavier or Iniesta ,also he would have moved the ball a lot quicker towards the Italian goal what’s with the English aversion to flair players. The second half just seemed to me a reply of the World Cup semifinals against Croatia he we go again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Oh, and the crowd were crap too. Talk about only sing when you are winning. An embarrassment all round.

Throughout the tournament I said that if any team playing against England at Wembley could frustrate the crowd then the crowd would turn on the England team.

It happened in the Scotland game, Denmark got close.  The only reason it didn't against Italy was the fact that it was a final.

The England team now seem to be free of cliques based on club loyalties.  The England fans now need to do the same and get behind the team at all times.  They could have given the players some more energy in that 2nd half yet they went quiet and you could sense the anxiety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Throughout the tournament I said that if any team playing against England at Wembley could frustrate the crowd then the crowd would turn on the England team.

It happened in the Scotland game, Denmark got close.  The only reason it didn't against Italy was the fact that it was a final.

The England team now seem to be free of cliques based on club loyalties.  The England fans now need to do the same and get behind the team at all times.  They could have given the players some more energy in that 2nd half yet they went quiet and you could sense the anxiety.

On a salary of between 2 and 3 million, they should not need a crowd to boost them on. What happened to the pride of putting on that England shirt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

On a salary of between 2 and 3 million, they should not need a crowd to boost them on. What happened to the pride of putting on that England shirt.

The salary of 2 to 3 million is not paid to them by the supporters of England or the FA.

The pride in pulling on the England shirt is rather diminished if the people and country you represent are willing to subject you to racist abuse for missing a penalty or act like tw@ts by breaching safety barriers around the stadium to get in without tickers.

Tyrone Mings has backed Prita Patel into a corner and Johnson can't open his mouth given his comments comparing women wearing Burqahs to post boxes. 

So, again, why would you be proud to pull on an England shirt and represent that bunch of morons?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

The salary of 2 to 3 million is not paid to them by the supporters of England or the FA.

The pride in pulling on the England shirt is rather diminished if the people and country you represent are willing to subject you to racist abuse for missing a penalty or act like tw@ts by breaching safety barriers around the stadium to get in without tickers.

Tyrone Mings has backed Prita Patel into a corner and Johnson can't open his mouth given his comments comparing women wearing Burqahs to post boxes. 

So, again, why would you be proud to pull on an England shirt and represent that bunch of morons?

They are not representing the minority morons are they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peter Layman said:

They are not representing the minority morons are they?

You cannot deny that Priti Patel said the English players taking a knee against racism was "gesture politics" and that Boris Johnson refused to criticise the English "fans" who booed the gesture.  Both then wanted to jump on the bandwagon as England progressed through the tournament.  Both are now morally compromised (again!) and find themselves in the difficult position of not being able to criticise the racist abuse that they both refused to acknowledge earlier in the Tournament.  The fact that they occupy two of the highest offices in the country, having been democratically elected, speaks volumes about the attitudes in England.

Throw in the clown of an MP who said that Rashford should practice taking penalties rather than get involved in politics and tell me again that the morons are a minority...

I knew as soon as Rashford and Sancho were being readied that if England went on to lose it would be them that would be blamed and they would be targeted because of their race.  I must admit the Saka situation blindsided me but then I did not expect him to be taking a penalty.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

You cannot deny that Priti Patel said the English players taking a knee against racism was "gesture politics" and that Boris Johnson refused to criticise the English "fans" who booed the gesture.  Both then wanted to jump on the bandwagon as England progressed through the tournament.  Both are now morally compromised (again!) and find themselves in the difficult position of not being able to criticise the racist abuse that they both refused to acknowledge earlier in the Tournament.  The fact that they occupy two of the highest offices in the country, having been democratically elected, speaks volumes about the attitudes in England.

Throw in the clown of an MP who said that Rashford should practice taking penalties rather than get involved in politics and tell me again that the morons are a minority...

I knew as soon as Rashford and Sancho were being readied that if England went on to lose it would be them that would be blamed and they would be targeted because of their race.  I must admit the Saka situation blindsided me but then I did not expect him to be taking a penalty.  

The whole taking the knee thing came on the back of BLM. A lot people still associate it with BLM and they don't agree with that movement hence the booing.

Taking the knee was supposed to be a short term thing then it was expanded so all teams had a chance to show their solidarity then it just seemed to become the norm before every game. I have no opinion either way of taking the knee if the playerd want to do it fine if they don't that is also fine but any impact it may have had has long gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...