Tynwald Day 2021

Amadeus

16 hours ago, Attila said:

I liked Daphne Caine’s outfit, very colourful and summery. I thought Claire Christian was understandably stylish, although the unrelieved black and vulture-esque feathers were perhaps better suited to a Victorian funeral. 

The men were disappointing - many had top hats, but there were no stick on whiskers as at Laxey Fair: lazy.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

What MHK called Caesar Bacon? I’m not familiar with him. (or even at a push these days her)

It appears you're not even familiar clicking on links (other forms of digital interaction are available).  With such IT skills who could doubt you have a senior role in GTS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And John do you know how many other organizations, companies etc share that acronym?  Google it. I’m not fucking physic

It’s a pretty safe bet it was an IOM reference. GTS IOM brings up first 20 references to GTS IOM.

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s a pretty safe bet it was an IOM reference. GTS IOM brings up first 20 references to GTS IOM.

He has spent 45 years using the Dead Sea scrolls as a point of reference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, manxman34 said:

The men were disappointing - many had top hats, but there were no stick on whiskers as at Laxey Fair: lazy.

I really don't understand the clothing choices on Tynwald Day. The women can choose whatever outfit they feel suits them and is suitable for the occasion and the men all feel compelled to dress in a ridiculous outfit reminiscent of Victorian times, complete with a funny hat. I wonder how many of them feel the same sense of ridiculousness and feel tempted just to wear a modern suit? What would happen if they did? 

• Like 1