Role of El Presidente, Tynpotwald - The Election 2021

2 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Watterson always seems to have gone for the easy way out as long as he still got extra money, Home affairs, the easiest dept (look at current incumbent), Speaker, then trying to be president( gravy train and regalia for another 20 years).

Lets see how he performs at a difficult department or even as CM first.

This is not an endorsement of the other candidate by the way. Down south seems to excel at electing clowns.

Sadly you are correct I voted for Coco and his mate last time but thats all we have on the paper, mind you next time could be better we still have clowns but a complete loony as well ! Ho Hum.

Well that’s the first part of Wattys  easy path to buggar all land gone pear shaped, also I hope he doesn’t get re elected as speaker, when he’s re elected which at present looking at the field is a given, let’s hope he puts away the fancy dress clothing knuckles down and becomes a real politician asking awkward questions seeking real answers or he takes a department ie Doi or Health ,Treasury, which being one of the old guard with his experience is a must or it’s another cop out. ( and stop the over use of the word ,,,,,,,committee,,,,,,, just get the job done.

Edited by GreyWolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2021 at 5:16 PM, Shake me up Judy said:

The role is just like that of the woman in full evening dress who used to come on at the end of the Morecambe and Wise show. 

My personal preference for our ‘El Presidente’ would be Frankie Boyle, also a Scotsman like the current one, but much funnier.

For a country with a population of 85,000 people we seem to be absurdly over-governed; i.e., the Lieutenant Governor, the President, the Speaker, the Chief Minister, and yet somehow there is a general feeling that we have a democratic void. Perhaps we should have fewer ceremonial roles and more hands-on peoples’ electives that are in real terms accountable to people of this country, and who achieve something other than perpetually ‘learning lessons?’

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Achieving a Leader of the Opposition would be good with me

A majority of decent MHK's would be good for me.

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Guessing Moorhouse is the spoiled ballot as I can't see his name on either list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Guessing Moorhouse is the spoiled ballot as I can't see his name on either list.

Hedging his bets..?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Or he's just a dumb f*** and couldnt work out what to do .

You coul be right. From iomtoday.co.im:

There was a slight delay in the result after one member, before the vote was counted, admitted pressing the wrong button on the electronic voting system in the chamber.

🤡🤡🤡

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Zarley said:

According to Gef  the CM is taking over as the new Minister for Enterprise. Double-dip or what?

Apologies if someone else mentioned this and I missed it.

Just when you thought you had lost all faith, you find you had a little more to lose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1