Jump to content

Tram accident


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Public liability and personal injury insurance is unlikely to cover damage to own property unless it is wrapped up in an all risks policy, but that's not likely. It is all about liability to third parties and the cover levels you describe is commonly known as "catastrophe insurance".  They may have other insurance that does cover property.  

So, possibly unlikely that they will claim for any personal injury.  It would be interesting how a claim would be treated if IL was driving, who allowed him (himself presumably) and at what point does it become a frolic of his own rather than a liability of the department?

Again, I ask do you need to have some kind of certification of competence to drive the trains and if he was driving, did he have it? 

 

You do have to pass a test, I could bore you with what the training used to involve but I have no idea what it is like under the current regime. Ijl will have some qualification I am sure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

You do have to pass a test, I could bore you with what the training used to involve but I have no idea what it is like under the current regime. Ijl will have some qualification I am sure.

 

Let's hope so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

They let tourists drive them, so the test can't be that intensive.

Not on their own, only under supervision just like you do in a car.

https://mers.org.im/pages/index/view/id/89/The Training Of MER Motormen

The link describes the process in the 80's or 90's

Edited by ellanvannin2010
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Public liability and personal injury insurance is unlikely to cover damage to own property unless it is wrapped up in an all risks policy, but that's not likely. It is all about liability to third parties and the cover levels you describe is commonly known as "catastrophe insurance".  They may have other insurance that does cover property.  

So, possibly unlikely that they will claim for any personal injury.  It would be interesting how a claim would be treated if IL was driving, who allowed him (himself presumably) and at what point does it become a frolic of his own rather than a liability of the department?

Again, I ask do you need to have some kind of certification of competence to drive the trains and if he was driving, did he have it? 

 

He's the Messiah he needs no frivolous bits of paper!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I heard, on good authority, that the derailment was most likely caused by expansion and deformation of a rail?

Call me cynical but thats a easy one to pull out of the hat. Is it true !?? My guess is we will never know. Its all quiet considering  the injuries  there could have been 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, finlo said:

He's the Messiah he needs no frivolous bits of paper!

Now you listen here!

He's not the Messiah... he's a very naughty boy!

Now go away!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Max Power said:

I heard, on good authority, that the derailment was most likely caused by expansion and deformation of a rail?

If your source is correct (and it differs from what I was told) I would expect an observant motorman to notice the track was warped or faulty on a long straight with good visibilty and take appropriate action.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

If your source is correct (and it differs from what I was told) I would expect an observant motorman to notice the track was warped or faulty on a long straight with good visibilty and take appropriate action.

 

But maybe not, if the motorman was warped or faulty.... 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...